Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Binyamin 17+, Elijah 17-, Guy 16+, Jon 16-

We played on Germany's map, in the north and west regions. The regions were chosen by virtue of us playing on a small table and my needing the larger southern parts of the board to place the bank and my power plants and house store.

We started off easily enough, with me taking the 4 plant. Guy took hybrid 5, Elijah took triple coal 8, and Binyamin took single oil 9. Elijah started with heavy coal requirements. He eventually converted to all nuclear.

Binyamin tried to remain hybrid. He was in "first" place for most of the game. On the second round of auctions, the 13 was up for bid, and the 21 was waiting on the wings. I really wanted the 21, but I didn't want to let Guy take the 13 so easily. Unfortunately, he let me have it for 14. Then and there, I knew that I had lost. I couldn't afford that building, and I could see the progression of money flowing away from me for the rest of the game. And so it was. Right up to the very end of the game, even though I played efficiently, I knew I was lost. It ended up being close, but not enough.

Guy got the 21. We three competed on the west and north of the board, with me in the north, Elijah in the south, and Guy getting squeezed in the middle. Binyamin had the southeast all to himself, so his later game was into the cheaper territory.

I got into garbage at a good time. Guy contested me for it for a round or two but them switched out again.

We ended up with two rounds of both phase 2 and phase 3, which is unusual for our games. At the end, Guy had power capacity, but was behind in buildings, and could only build to 16 cities. Elijah was roughly balanced, while Binyamin had cities early on, and only needed to catch up in capacity. He did so on the second to last round, and didn't even need to buy a plant in the last round. I was extremely efficient, powering and building 16 cities, but, as I said, just enough behind from the second round. I lost 3rd place to Guy by $1.

The endgame proved to be lots of counting and math.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.