Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Binyamin, Nadine, Jon, Guy, Adam, Itamar, Gili, Elijah

Let's see how this worked: Binyamin, Jon, Guy, Itamar, and Elijah started the game. Before the first move, Adam joined just as Caylus was finishing. As the first turn started, I got up to let Nadine take my place. Gili then joined. Then I took over Guy's place when he had to go. And then Elijah had to go a little later. The game still played smoothly.

My game group seems to love the game. The mental challenge in this game has nothing to do with the actual battles, rather with the decision as to what good action to take, and a little less so as to what bad action to allow.

We did a fairly good amount of cooperation, to the point that I honestly had no idea who the traitor was. It's a perfectly good strategy to just play straight as the traitor; the odds are that we won't survive anyway. In our game we did pretty well, and managed to get 7 white sword on the table. We needed to get black swords onto the table in order to finish the game before the catapults could.

Of course, we also had to either unmask the traitor, if there was one, or get two more white swords on as buffer. Unfortunately, owing to the way the swords were squished together on the table, I miscounted the number of black swords already up there. I thought we still had enough time to get more white swords on, but we didn't. We got a white sword on by defeating the Picts, and then someone said that we had 8 white swords and 4 black swords, so the game was over. Oh.

Of course, Adam then reveals himself to be the traitor, flips 2 swords, and we all die. Well done. I'm sure he must have actually been worried that we were pretty close to winning, but he kept his cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.