Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David 16, Gilad 15+. Jon 15-, Nadine 13, Baruch

Although this was long, and although too much calculation was made about things like which plants are still left in the deck, which I feel is against the spirit of the game, it was still a good game experience. It's a funny game, with a lot of little inelegant rules that serve to make the game play itself work well.

We started with five players, but Baruch had to leave early. That is a difficult thing to accommodate in a game like this, but we managed. We took out three plants, moved Gilad's city connections to equivalent locations in another area and walled off an area from the board. The replenishment and victory conditions also changed. Somehow it all worked.

Gilad was on the far side of the US west coast, while the rest of us were central or south. As far as I can tell, as long as you have access to seven early cities, it is worthwhile to be on the central or east coast, even if you end up competing for space.

Nadine was powering with a lot of garbage at one point. I had the only nuclear at some point, but abandoned it and ended up with all coal. This was problematic, as Nadine was ahead of me and able to buy out all of the coal that I needed. At the end, I upgraded to only 15 capacity, because any bigger plant required coal and there was no way that I could to acquire it.

David, meanwhile was using a mixture of the three major fuels, and was easily able to secure the win at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.