Subject: Big City Box Cover concept contest.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Schulz
Canada
Didsbury
Alberta
flag msg tools
It now looks like Valley Games is not accepting submissions for the concept ideas for the Big City box cover.

Since I created a concept for the box when I heard they were doing this game, I thought I would post it here, just for the heck of it.

If anyone else has created box concepts, It would be cool to see them here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, not from around Calgary, are you?

Nice box though, hopefully whatever is accepted won't be raked across the coals like the Macher one was...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that's a nice cover!

As for a contest: No there is nothing planned in regards to a cover concept contest. That isn't to say there won't be something like that with future releases, just not with Big City.

We do have a promotion/contest planned for Big City though, one that I think is even better than the cover contest. I can't go into detail about it just yet, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
We do have a promotion/contest planned for Big City though, one that I think is even better than the cover contest. I can't go into detail about it just yet, unfortunately.

Is this the contest in question?:

http://www.valleygames.ca/page4.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the one! I'll be supplying all the relevant contest information/details to the BGG community as soon as the preorder system goes "live".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Just to make sure people know, there are some amazing ideas for expanding Big City, including Greg A's http://www.thegamesjournal.com/rules/BigCityExpansion.shtml

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
Hmm, not from around Calgary, are you?

Well, it's not like one could put Okotoks on the front of a game called "Big City"...

It looks nice. Good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Looks like Seattle to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, love the cover. I don't think I have a game in my collection with a better cover than that one.

Second, the idea for the contest is great! I am planning to order the game anyway and this just motivates me even more. Will have to check it out so that I don't miss the pre-order signup.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.