Subject: Can I play asteroids or Minefields without a ship present? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wil Wheaton
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The asteroids and minefields say "Play on any fleet. Until the beginning of your next turn, Blasts and Squadrons cannot be played on ships in that fleet."

I can't tell if "zones" and "fleets" are interchangeable, so I'm not sure if I can play one of these cards where I don't have a ship.

For example, if I lose my last ship in the green zone, can I play an Asteroids card as a sort of shield to protect my command ship until my next turn, or can I only play the card when there are ships in that area?

My kids and I are pretty sure "fleet" means one or more ships and "zone" means where you put them.

Has anyone run into this? How do you play it?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stevens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Can I play asteroids or Minefields without a ship presen
We've always played it as a fleet is all your ships, including the command ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil Wheaton
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
axeme wrote:
We've always played it as a fleet is all your ships, including the command ship.

Ah, that makes sense. We'll play that way, then. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.D.W
United States
San Angelo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked that very same question to the folks at FFG, and they confirm how axeme is playing. FFG has an excellent question page about any of their games http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/rulesform.html I recieved my response in about a day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.