Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gord Dickson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be old news to other folks, but I just heard from the good people at MMP that this game will be available again later this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is there a way to know if the expansion will also make it's way back into circulation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Gordo wrote:
This might be old news to other folks, but I just heard from the good people at MMP that this game will be available again later this year.
Has there been an official announcement? The reason I ask is because I don't seen anything in the news section on the MMP site. I'd like to get in on the pre-order if there will be one. Would you be updating this thread when they open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

There was an official announcement last fall (2014) via email.

I've been keeping an eye on this. MMP is just up the street from me, and occasionally I can run into somebody in the office that can give me information. I make it a point to leave the credit cards in the car so such trips don't set me back a C-note. Remarkable what they have lying around in there.

As best I can tell from various sources, Warriors of Japan is going to print before Warriors of God, which is a very similar game with a couple of different twists. THAT game is available for preorder right now, is likely one hell of a good buy and may go many years before a reprint. (Just sayin' . . . might not want to miss out a second time on the same game genre.) That's a rumor I've gotten from two different sources, and Warriors of Japan's print has not been announced yet. So that may be Christmas (printing, not shipping) or even later.

Warriors of God will follow, likely getting in line with the other games MMP is announcing more fervently. I had hoped that both Warriors would go together in the same run, but WofJ is to have 1" counters while WofG has 7/8", so I don't think they'll follow one after the other on the same sheets. Given all the other titles announced, I wouldn't be reading WofG's rule book just yet.

MMP prints in the U.S. from a small printer so they can't have a dozen games working at once. And they're small themselves. Multi-Man World Headquarters is the size of a typical coffee shop.

All that said, my guess is mid to late 2016 for this one. But that's more a hunch based on this-before-thats than anything I've been told concretely. With luck all of you will be pleasantly surprised with an earlier release date.

My last game went all 12 turns and finished in a tie. About a one in a thousand chance of that happening as best I can tell.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Text from the 6 Nov 2014 MMP email:

Quote:
Warriors of God is returning as well. A winner of the Charles Roberts Award for the best pre-20th Century Game, Warriors of God features two complete games in one box. One game, named after the movie "The Lion in Winter", pits a resurgent England against France in the 12th and 13th centuries. In the second game, France has its turn to be resurgent and with Joan of Arc in the lead, takes back what is hers in the 13th and 14th centuries.

Both A Victory Lost and Warriors of God are in production and should be available shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks for all those details - and the "insider information" . I saw the WofJ pre-order was up, and will start checking it out now! Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

"Insider" information consists of bothering people on Consimworld and looking desperate at their door in Millersville. I'm hoping the women that work there get a little commission on my purchases, because I never have the exact amount and they have a devil of a time finding change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerio
Italy
Vicenza
flag msg tools
mb
Any news?

Thumb up
 tip