Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam 7, Nadine 5/6, Binyamin 5/5, Jon 4

I really like this game, but it doesn't come our more because other people in the group have never been enthusiastic about it. Tonight's game was an excellent game, and served to make both Adam and Binyamin promise to want to play more. Nadine also enjoyed it, although she still claims not to have a full grasp on what she's doing.

This game was the first game in a long time that I actually had to sit and think for some time on what to do, not once, but repeatedly. It was that complicated.

Everyone else was convinced that I was winning owing to two lucky defenses I enjoyed early one, but I knew that I was very shy in black cubes (I only had two). After using my two black tiles, I was up to four, but still far from winning. Meanwhile, Adam was pulling in red and green due to a monument.

No disaster tiles were played, even though the kingdoms stretched and twisted around each other. At several times during the game, people wanted to merge three kingdoms at once, or play leaders to merge two kingdoms, both of which could not be done.

In the end, I saw one possibility of gaining extra black quickly, by externally attacking Adam in black. I was up 5 to 2, but he pulled out three black tiles. Net gain was five blacks for him, giving him the game, and squashing any possibility of my winning. The game ended when the tiles ran out before I could even get another turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.