Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brendan+, Jon, Zack/Binyamin

Despite some people saying that I shouldn't play my new copy of CE and should sell it instead, I was hankering to play at least one game with it. It ended up being a three player game, which works fine for most powers. Four is probably optimum, five already starting to get unwieldy.

I was the Doppleganger/Clone, which I thought was a pretty neat combo and not forbidden by the rules. Brendan was the Laser/Pentaform(Macro, Serpent, Delegator, Demon, Crystal), and Zack was the Reserves/Vulch. Brendan's Laser wasn't much use against me when I only had a single challenge card, and I usually had a good one which then I kept. On the other hand, he managed to force a compromise into my hand, leading to situations where he was blindly choosing between a 30 and a comp for my defense. Harrowing.

Meanwhile, I spent much of my game trying to Hand Zap Zack's horde of Edicts. Each time I zapped, he would unzap or edict zap, then he would collect the hand zap, and then I would dopple it out of his hand again and try again next round. I think it never occurred to him to simply leave the spent hand zap in the discard pile.

The game progressed nicely and evenly, which made for an excellent experience. I was pretty sure that I would win at one point, but I failed my challenge for base five by a few points, and Brendan eventually secured the win on his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.