Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam 15 + 50, Nadine 15 + 35, Binaymin 15 + 2, Jon 14, Saarya 13, Gili 12

We all thought this would be too long with six players, and we were right. It's not only because we broke once to go have a l'chaim with th downstairs neighbors and another time to return a lost puppy. It's not only that a slow player takes time while you have nothing to do. It's that your attention wanders during this time, so that someone then has to remind you that it's your turn again, and then bring you back up to speed on what happened since.

In our game, we played Germany, and Adam decided to block off the central Eastern region, making for wide north and south areas, but a cramped narrow passage on the west. I decided to start in Essen, just for the geekiness. I was immediately completely surrounded on the first turn by Binyamin on my East and Adam on my West.

We all bought very diverse fuel plants, which resulted in no particular fuel shortages during the game. Nadine got to six cities first, and I made the mistake of buying a cheap plant just to improve my capacity slightly while the plants market was stuck. The result helped other people more than myself, as new plants came down and the third phase started before I was ready. Note to self: patience is a virtue in this game. But when the game drags out for a long time, it's hard to play that way.

In the end, the game devolved into constant calculations and recalculations, to the point where people simply handed me their cities and money and said, "Here. You're quicker at this." Which kind of reflects badly on the game. Furthermore, the game may not be exactly decided by the last few rounds, but those who have no chance certainly are, and it is a pain to play at that point. And the final result coming down to a three way tie decided by money is anticlimactic. I think I have to lower my rating for the game, at least when playing six players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.