Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon+, Zack+, Nadine, Michael, Elijah

Even without moons, comets, and lucre, two powers for each player proved to be too much, too soon, for some of the newer players. I had to spend a lot of time each round carefully explaining the round order and time resolution rules. And, like in any Cosmic game, even I had trouble figuring out certain rules, like if you can play a card in response to a Plague before you have to toss it, when you are the main player and the Plaguer is not.

Zack played Pentaform (Phantom, Assassin, Subversive, Anti-Matter, Oracle) and Vulch, Elijah played Reincarnator and Terrorist, I played Aristocrat and Grief, Nadine played Siren and Reserve, and Michael played Doppleganger and Laser.

Zack barely used his Pentaform power, but he did use the Vulch nicely. One anomaly that happened was when I used a flare that lets me swap four tokens with another player. Zack had only two tokens left on his sun. I chose my four from the warp, and Zack chose the two from his sun along with two others. Two of my tokens therefore ended up out of the game on his sun.

Elijah's Terrorist proved to be influential, although Nadine thought that it made the game a bit more random than necessary. I enjoyed my initial hand full of flares, but it didn't last long. Nadine Sirened well enough but never used her Reserve. Micahel's Doppleganger was a potent adversary for an Aristocrat, but he never actually used it on me because he thought it would be too difficult to decide. He eventually hand zapped me, however. Meanwhile, his Laser was a potentially potent adversary for the Oracle.

The game ended with a joint win for Zack and me. We both had four bases going in to a challenge of Nadine attacking Michael. We both defended Michael, and then Zack used a Solar Wind to flip over the cone, giving us both base five. Don't try to correct me on this one; we play with a number of house rules, including that the Solar Wind card can be played at any time, since it is a fairly useless card, otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.