Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon 15, Dylan 14+15, Nadine 14+2, Sergei 14+0, Max 12+33, Genya 12+1

Despite our resolution not to play this with six players again, that's what it ended up becoming. We started with four. Then Max joined us and we settled on five. Sergei showed up after the first round of plants had been auctioned, and joining either game would have been difficult so we snuck him into ours. It's a testament to his playing that he did as well as he did without ever getting a full explanation of the rules.

Max had wanted to play this to see if it was as good as its reputation on BGG, and with six players it isn't. Too much downtime while others calculate their moves.

In our game, I decided to actually jump forward in cities rather than hang back as I usually do, and I won. This was partially because unlike in other six player PG games, people bought very little fuel - almost no stocking up, so fuel prices remained low and fuel plants were diverse. Even at the end of the game, coal, garbage, and nukes were sold in the $1 range.

Also, the bidding on plants was healthy so I was able to get the size of plants I needed when I needed them. Nadine tried to catch up, by I outbid her enough. I think people tend to undervalue the right plant at the right time. I probably should have been outbid more. The game easily progressed from stage one to two to three, so we also never got stuck with a lack of building locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.