Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Encounter
Idit/Pacifist+, Josh/Mesmer+, Jon/Disease, Zack/Virus, Binyamin/Insect

I introduced Idit to the game, and this was Josh's second game. So I deliberately cut down to only one power. I also eliminated reverse cones (excepting the Solar Wind edict), comets, lucre, moons, and special hexes, which I don't like playing with, anyway.

Idit could have jointly won with me instead, or she could have won singly if she had known that Josh had no edicts to throw at her. I discovered that I am missing the Disease power card from my game :-( . Luckily, I remembered how the power works (even the specifics of the Mayfair power). Zack's Virus was neatly countered by three of the other powers.

Binyamin/Prophet/Judge+, Jon/Loser/?, Idit/Boomerang/Demon, Josh/Mind/Ghost, Zack/Connoisseur/Vulch

In this game we played with three hidden powers, of which you were able to reveal any two during the game. Binyamin's two powers ensured him a constant stream of bases and pernicious ones at that. Zack and Idit had most of their pieces in the warp for most of the game, until they were able to draw and play Warp Break once each. My other power was Sorcerer, but I wasn't able to reveal and play it before the game ended.

On my last turn, I would have won the game but I failed my fourth base challenge by a single point. My fifth base would have been a cakewalk, as I could still call upset with Loser and my only challenge card was a compromise. Or I could have forgone calling upset and simply revealed my Sorcerer, switching a compromise to my opponent. Either way, I never got the chance before the game ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.