Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Android app to track campaign progress rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cool Grass
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,
I spent some time writing an android app to track campaign progress. App is totally free to use, without advertisements.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.ia.cam...

Please leave me feedback and feature requests. Thanks for checking my post.

Added support for Twin Shadows....... Trying to localize this app. Please email me if you can help me localize this app to Spanish, German and Italian.

• [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that it automatically calculates XP, credit and reward cards. I also like that it knows whether the next mission is story or side.

Why isn't there error-checking during the campaign setup? I was able to start with one card in my agenda and side mission decks - it should be trivial to require me to have the correct number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey thanks!!

Having just started a campaign, I'll check it out and give you some feedback, but the one above seems a good one - should be easy to check you have the correct number of cards before the campaign starts

Si
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mahan
msg tools
Wow thats pretty great, thanks a ton for this! Really makes the whole record keeping that much easier.

Suggestions for more features: Letting us assign reward cards to a hero. Like adrenal implants, etc.

Letting us assign equipment to a hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patrickmahan wrote:
Wow thats pretty great, thanks a ton for this! Really makes the whole record keeping that much easier.

Suggestions for more features: Letting us assign reward cards to a hero. Like adrenal implants, etc.

That's fine as an optional feature, but items and rewards are, strictly speaking, owned by the group and can be handed around or reconfigured each mission. The trick for doing it in an app would be to allow someone the option without cluttering up the interface for the other users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
taleden .
msg tools
Items are shared, rewards are not, IIRC. That said, most groups probably don't rearrange items all that often, so it would still be nice to have assignments for those too (which can be changed) just to make setup a bit faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, rewards are assigned to a hero upon receipt. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job, and thanks for that, GG tip given. Any chance of an iOS version?
Not that I'm expecting anything mind you, but it would be great for my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pollard
United States
Springville
Utah
flag msg tools
Well done! I downloaded it last night and put in an ongoing campaign and started another with some of my friends. I am very pleased.

Maybe you can add Legendary and Heroic for two and three rebels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario antunes
msg tools
Nice job!
Clean interface and everything works well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mbmbmb
I will add more error checks during campaign setup in next update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mbmbmb
bclayj wrote:

Sorry, Currently i have no plans to work on IOS version. But if someone is ready to implement IOS interface i will gladly share database schema.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mbmbmb
ATT_Turan wrote:
patrickmahan wrote:

That's fine as an optional feature, but items and rewards are, strictly speaking, owned by the group and can be handed around or reconfigured each mission. The trick for doing it in an app would be to allow someone the option without cluttering up the interface for the other users.

Thanks for the feedback. Rewards are assigned automatically to Heroes after wining the appropriate side mission. I will try to add an interface to assign equipments to heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
taleden .
msg tools
The hero-specific missions grant rewards to that particular hero, but there are other side missions that end with "Choose a hero to receive..." such as the Adrenal Stim, I believe. For those missions I believe the Rebels have to assign it upon receipt, and then it's stuck with that hero for the rest of the campaign (unlike equipment, which as noted can be traded at will between missions -- except for 0xp starting equipment, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jalling
msg tools
mbmb
vikmehra wrote:
bclayj wrote:

Sorry, Currently i have no plans to work on IOS version. But if someone is ready to implement IOS interface i will gladly share database schema.

Hi,

I'm interested in implementing an iOS version of the app!

BR Jonas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vikmehra wrote:
Please leave me feedback and feature requests. Thanks for checking my post.

Nice app, thank you for sharing it!

I would like to request the ability to share the save files. Sometimes we play at my house, other times we play at my friends. If we could share the save file, he wouldn't have to bring his tablet when we play at my house.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be handy for the app to support this natively, but in the mean time there are plenty of free file browsers for Android - I'm sure you could just e-mail him the file and he can copy it over to his folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ATT_Turan wrote:
It would be handy for the app to support this natively, but in the mean time there are plenty of free file browsers for Android - I'm sure you could just e-mail him the file and he can copy it over to his folder.

That would work but sadly I don't know my way around Android's file system. Any idea where the data file is stored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually couldn't find a folder for it in the standard Android data directory, so you might need the author to make you an export option after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ATT_Turan wrote:
I actually couldn't find a folder for it in the standard Android data directory, so you might need the author to make you an export option after all.

Ah, ok. Well, thanks for looking. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great app!!
It is very handy and useful. It's the perfect companion for the 'Mobile' game owner

I found an issue with the Agenda Mission though.

They give the reward to the Empire (usually an ally) also if the rebels decide not to play it when they need to choose the next side mission. Your app does not contemplate this option and grants the reward only if the mission is played and the Empire wins.

Do you think you can fix this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you're in the campaign screen, click the three dots on the upper right for the menu. There is an option there to Add Earned Reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ATT_Turan wrote:
When you're in the campaign screen, click the three dots on the upper right for the menu. There is an option there to Add Earned Reward.

Oh... I did not know that!!!! That is excellent! Thanks a lot!

PS: In case others don't have the 3 dots on the upper right cornet (I don't) you get the Add Earned Rewards menu by clicking the left (options) button

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbione wrote:
ATT_Turan wrote:

Oh... I did not know that!!!! That is excellent! Thanks a lot!

PS: In case others don't have the 3 dots on the upper right cornet (I don't) you get the Add Earned Rewards menu by clicking the left (options) button

Ah, the lovely variety in Android...yes, any phone made within the last X years doesn't have an options button, Google has standardized any submitted apps to having the on-screen three dots icon. If your phone is older than that, hit the option button like in any other app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mbmbmb
App updated to assign rewards/Equipments to Players and added check for number of agenda sets selected during campaign setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |