Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon+, Adam

After trying this game last week and not enjoying it, I thought about a possible rule change that would make the game more interesting. Its problem is that every game plays exactly the same, because the moment someone makes a three letter word, it's game over. I changed the rules so that the game continues until all of the spaces are filled. Forming a three letter word is 1 point, a four letter word is 2 points, and a five letter word is 4 points.

The reason this makes the game better is that you are now free to experiment in giving away a three letter word in exchange for forming something equivalent or better in return. This removes the paralyzingly repetitive nature of the original game.

It still wasn't a rip-roaring good time, but it was playable. I won after scoring for the word "duh", which Adam contended wasn't really a word (everyone else disagreed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.