Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Goose
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the middle of our first game of HOTS, and enjoying it immensely. The English (that's me) are stomping over the south of Scotland, and the few remaining Scots are cowering in the North-East. Whether I can get to them is another matter, however.

The game has raised a couple of queries about the rules, however. This is Version 2.3, if it makes any difference.

1.) Section 5.5 Retreats.
We've assumed that a unit's movement point value is irrelevent for retreats; you can retreat only into IMMEDIATELY adjacent areas (in accordance with the various rules of retreating). (i.e. a '1 point move')

2.) Section 7.12.
If Bruce (or Comyn) is in one of his home areas, can he in this part of the Wintering procedure move to his other home area?

3.) Section 7.32.
What happens to English troops still in England during the 'English Disbanding' phase? The warning after 7.4 and section 5.9 make it very clear that having no English troops in England (leaving it open to Scottish incursion) is a very bad thing (at least from the English point of view!). But does any remaining levy (and Archers, Knights and Hobelars) in England at the onset of winter disband? The preamble under 7.3 ENGLISH DISBANDING refers specifically to troops in Scotland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
1) Correct. You retreat only to an adjacent area and move no further.
2) Yes, Bruce/Comyn can decide which area to winter in.
3) ALL troops in England disband. If Edward does NOT winter in Scotland, they are then replaced with a new levy. If Edward does winter in Scotland, no new levy, and England starts "empty".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The exception to retreating to an adjacent area is the Norse; They can only retreat to a friendly area (not a vacant adjacent area), but it can be any friendly area in Scotland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.