Daniel Newman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing games for about a decade or so, but am currently without a consistent game group. My wife and I play with a few different couples now and again, but it's not really regular enough for my liking (partially because while she likes playing games, she doesn't feel the need to as often as I would like). I've tried out meetups and board game socials at a couple of different game stores in Brooklyn, with varying degrees of satisfaction, but it takes a lot of energy to deal with a room full of strangers once a week, especially if I care what I play.

I'd love to establish a small gaming group (4-8 people) that could meet up for 2-3 hours once a week to play a couple of games, either at a store that has open tables (like Brooklyn Game Lab on Tuesday nights) or possibly later on at my apartment in Park Slope. Ideally, I'd like to set it up so that we'd know what games we're going to play before we get there. I have a pretty decent collection, and would also love a reason to keep growing it. I'm always interested in trying new games and it'd be great if anyone who is interested and available is up for learning new ones regularly as well. I'd really like to make it a consistent and regular thing, so please only reach out if you feel like you could commit to something once a week. Take a look at my Top 10/Hot 10 in my profile to get a sense of the kind of games I'm into, and feel free to GM me with any questions or whatever.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely interested, but it depends on timing and location. And of course, I would be more than happy to contribute to the efforts with my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Newman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured it would be reasonable to meet up at Brooklyn Game Lab (7th Avenue, between 10th and 11th streets) on Tuesday nights from 7-10ish at least to start out. Free to get in, they have lots of tables, and plenty of other people we could rope in if we're short for certain games. Also, it's two blocks from my house .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hoffman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
It sounds like you want more of a private group, but if you ever feel like coming out to another Meetup feel free to join us at Berg'n Beer Hall every Wednesday from 6 PM to 11 PM. Info and whatnot at www.victorypints.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.