Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam French
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi I am asking about the global ability on the ring which says:
Pay [1 Mask]. Target opposing character gains the Villain affiliation until the end of the turn.

The question is: is this ability able to be repeated, in other words, can I pay three mask to be able to do this three times?

I think the answer is yes but wanted to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to add to this question. If I use the global am I making one die a villain or do I turn all dice of one character to villains?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam French
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is because of the other effect the card has:

Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each opposing Villain in play

if one was playing with this card and green arrow the emerald archer:
When Green Arrow attacks, deal 1 damage to your opponent for each opposing character with the Villain affiliation in play.

It would be a little situational but if you drew and rolled the lantern power ring and already had green arrow in the field and you were playing against a villain heavy team and had some energy set aside, then could issue some very serious damage to the player on that turn.

pay 3 energy to turn three characters that aren't villains into villains, then let's say they already had three and attack with Green arrow would deal 9 damage between the two effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can use the global more than once. It is not a triggered global (if X, pay Y to Z) or self restrictive (once per turn).

You are making a character die a villain. "Target"ing effect are going after a specific die.

Yeah, this is great with that Green Arrow. I believe both GA and the GLPR only count unique, active villains for their effects since both do not mention say " die in play" and the abilities are counting.

I'm a bit punchy from Origins, so I may have reversed that last part from a ruling on the WK site, but I'm 80% sure I got it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
adamsd wrote:

It would be a little situational but if you drew and rolled the lantern power ring and already had green arrow in the field and you were playing against a villain heavy team and had some energy set aside, then could issue some very serious damage to the player on that turn.

pay 3 energy to turn three characters that aren't villains into villains, then let's say they already had three and attack with Green arrow would deal 9 damage between the two effects.

3 new villain (you choose 3 dice, a sidekick, a sidekick and Deadman) (paying Global) and 3 differents Villain (think must be different characters, not 3 Black Manta, for example Black Manta, Harley & Joker)).
With Green Arrow and Lantern Power Ring = 6+6= 12, not 9.

Too hard, too overpower. Not good playing only affiliations (JL vs Villains or JLA vs Villains, if you can use Actions Cards or X-Men vs Villains (Marvel & DC) or Avengers vs Villains), similar to Batarang Wayne Enterprises. Must be banned (Lantern Power Ring) to enjoy game.
In constructed or draft its okay.

Yesterday think my comrade play wrong. X-Men with Green Power Ring because its a Action Dice, vs Villain (DC & Marvel). Paying a Mask, making one sidekick a Villain. I have 2 Harley and Green Goblin in field. He rolls 2 Lantern Power Ring. He said 4x2=8 damage. Think only counts 1 Harley, sidekick and Green Goblin to 6 of damage. Too powered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.