Popular Tags: [View All]
Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is easily created as a pen and paper game, and the rules are very easy. The game comes with a few dozen wipeable cards and a dry-erase marker. Each board contains a grid and the letters of the alphabet on the bottom. Some of the letters are already in the grid, and these letters are crossed out on the bottom of the card.

On each player's turn, they add an unused letter to the grid, crossing it out on the bottom of the card. The first player to form a three-letter word wins. The game is allegedly for 2 players, but can be played with 3 just as well.

This was poorly received. Nadine in particular didn't think it was fun at all. She said that in Scrabble, even if you're losing, at least you have the fun of forming words; in this game, you are not forming anything, just avoiding forming words.

From my perspective, I thought the game had some severe problems. Every game is essentially the same, with players placing Q, Z, X, etc. until one player is forced to place a letter that unavoidably forms a word. Ho hum, and way too repetitive.

While I thought the game was poor, it could be instructive and even enjoyable for younger children.

Update: As a later thought, perhaps the game night be improved if the game doesn't end once the first person forms a word. Continue the game, giving points to players each time the form a word, with bonuses for multiple words in the same move. See my session report for details on the experiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.