United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Log of the Klingon Battlecruiser Defiler
On routine patrol near but well inside the Klingon border

Finding itself faced with a predatory incursion into treaty-recognized Klingon space by a Federation heavy cruiser, the Defiler was forced to suspend its delivery of medical supplies to widows and orphans in order to defend itself against the unprovoked intrusion of the hostile ship. The Federation dog of a captain who finally left this sector with his tail between his legs will know well enough never again to intrude into our sovereign territory. In any event, it will be months before his crippled ship will leave the repair yards--if it reaches them in the first place. If the Federation had any sense of honor, the fool of a starship captain would be stripped of his command and flogged through the Terran streets.

All attempts to warn off the Federation ship and assure its captain of our peaceful mission were as naught. It had not been my intention to seek a fight, not only because of our mission but because my incompetent chief engineer had taken the ship's drones and anti-drone defenses offline for repairs. It appears that the Federation ship suffered from the same problem, however, as its captain relied on direct-fire weapons as well.

My hand being forced, I ordered the ship to close with the heavy cruiser. The Federation wretch leaving me no choice, I ordered the tactical officer to fire phasers and disruptors. His shields took minor damage at our range--not enough to deter the warmonger. Clearly, the enemy's weapons officer was as great a fool as his captain, as his phaser and photon torpedo missed us.

Fire continued back and forth as the ships slid past each other, each craft taking minor damage to shields on its way past. The Federation once again proved its inferiority to the Empire when its ship was unable to hit ours with an overloaded photon torpedo. This was undoubtedly the turning point in the battle, as the enemy captain seemed reluctant after that to employ torpedoes against us.

Through superior navigation, the Defilier was able to bring its disruptors to bear on the enemy at close range. The damage was enough to collapse one of his shields and inflict internal systems damage, including destroying his weakest phaser. Sensing weakness in her enemy, the Defiler continued her pursuit, shrugging off even a hit from an overloaded torpedo in her bold and honorable quest to rid the sector of this cretin. We were quickly able to collapse his #1 shield with phaser shots, inflicting even more internal damage to the Federation cruiser, including weapons systems.

Let the record show that my tactical officer received a firm rebuke for his overaggressive use of ship's energy, as the idiot managed to drain our reserves at the moment when we could have delivered a finishing strike to the Federation ship. For his sake, it was fortunate that the Federation captain was in a similar condition. It mattered little in the end: once recharged, disruptors and phasers deprived the Federation captain of his remaining weapons.

The Defiler lined up behind the crippled Federation cruiser, prepared to offer a fatal blow with disruptors should that have proved necessary. Reverting to his true cowardly form, the Federation captain turned his ship toward his own territory. Sensors reported that the enemy ship's shields were in tatters, its internal systems virtually destroyed. As like as not, the ship will be recommissioned as a garbage scow. That is all it is worthy of now.

While the enemy ship's inability to employ her photons to good advantage admittedly played a role, it was, of course, the martial skill of the Klingon warriors on board the Defiler that won the day.

Repair crews were dispatched to regenerate the weakened shields. Meanwhile, the Defiler resumed its errand of mercy, the honor of the mighty Klingon Empire having once again been vindicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report, and I'm glad to see the Federation taught a lesson. Althought it is in luck I assume that the Klingon commander was able to avoud the deadly photons of the federation. From my experience, we must never be hasty in our attack, and range is often invaluable with our superior Disruptor technology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.