Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m going to do this in a kind of historical/story fashion.

1775: Weather conditions made warfare in the north nearly impossible. In the south Charleston falls to the British, while the Cherokee take Ninety Six and Savannah falls to the loyalists. Both armies raise massive armies in preparation for 1776.

1776: The British under Cornwallis land in the mid Atlantic States, taking Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York while Washington avoids combat. In the south Lafayette crushes the Cherokee and retakes Savannah.

1777: Under pressure from Congress Washington begins his counteroffensive. The British are beaten in northern New Jersey; Baltimore is retaken in a forced march. The British evacuate New York City but Cornwallis holds Philadelphia. Gates takes Montreal, but lacks the force to attack Quebec.
The renewed American war effort inspires the French to side with America.

1778: Although victorious in 1777, Washington's army is depleted from hard campaigning. Howe marches out of Boston, burning much of New England before reaching Hartford. Hessians in Charleston surrender to Lafayette while loyalists overrun Virginia.

1779: British landings retake New York and Charleston but at New Brunswick they suffer heavily, losing Cornwallis. A British attack on Montreal fails. The French at last enter the war in some force.

1780: Washington enters New York in triumph. The British sue for peace, having lost most of their early gains and suffering tremendous losses.

American MVP: Light Horse Lee
British MVP: Cornwallis

I tried a more passive American strategy and nearly lost. Fortunately as America I snapped out of it quickly enough. While I find it easier to win with America, a person should not be deceived, this is among the most balanced games I've ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.