Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for posting in both the base game forum and that of the expansion but I was unsure where it went best.

I have the opportunity to buy the base game and Power up expansion together at a cheaper price than normal. However, the base game is in English whereas the expansion is in Spanish. I speak both languages fluently but would the game and expansion be compatible in two different languages. Would it be a problem for someone who speaks very rudimentary English?

If people who know the game and its expansion could indicate any issues I could expect to encounter, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xobxela wrote:
Apologies for posting in both the base game forum and that of the expansion but I was unsure where it went best.

I have the opportunity to buy the base game and Power up expansion together at a cheaper price than normal. However, the base game is in English whereas the expansion is in Spanish. I speak both languages fluently but would the game and expansion be compatible in two different languages. Would it be a problem for someone who speaks very rudimentary English?

If people who know the game and its expansion could indicate any issues I could expect to encounter, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks in advance

x-post is a no no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:

x-post is a no no.

Sorry - I don't understand what you are saying - could you explain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game should be fine as long as someone can read the language. The dice and board only use symbols. The cards are the only thing with words, but these are bought from a public pool that everyone can see so you could explain what they do.

The expansion would be a lot harder as the cards it adds are pretty much all text and are secret. However, it sounds like your friends all can read Spanish so it shouldn't be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xobxela wrote:
jsc19702 wrote:

x-post is a no no.

Sorry - I don't understand what you are saying - could you explain?
He was saying you shouldn't post the same thing in 2 places. While I agree with him, people do it all the time so don't worry too much about it. If it is a problem the mods will delete one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.