Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a look at the manual and found the game interesting.

So, my question: will there be variable player powers, or are the battlecruisers the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hadlock
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there are not Player Powers the set up does introduce a small amount of variability.

Each player randomly discarding a card from those available means that part of playing well is trying to deduce what your opponents can't do that you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if this will help, but I interviewed the designer about the game - and also included in the interview is pictures of the cards, etc:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sanders wrote:
Don't know if this will help, but I interviewed the designer about the game - and also included in the interview is pictures of the cards, etc:

Thanks! Just asked the designer at the ks page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Venshad wrote:
Sanders wrote:

Thanks! Just asked the designer at the ks page.

To my knowledge there are no variable powers. Everyone has same cards - the idea is that you try to play the card no one else has played, so you don't clash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think variable player powers would help in Battlecruisers, and in fact I think they would likely make the game worse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about adding slight differences on each battlecruiser, like this:
BC 1: Resistance. When clashing reduce the effect by 1.
BC 2: Repair. Once per game you can recover 1 card from the discard.
BC 3: Insidious Espionage. Once per game you can force one opponent to discard one specific card.
BC 4: Heavy Armaments. When clashing increase the effect by 1.
BC 5: Efficient Crew. When earning VPs gain 1 more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting thoughts . . .

Besides discarding a card at the start, each player also puts a card into the Refresh Zone. This gives you slightly different hands and some idea of your chances going in and giving each player a slightly different flavor.

You never know when we might need just a few more expansion ideas . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdubarry wrote:
Interesting thoughts . . .

Besides discarding a card at the start, each player also puts a card into the Refresh Zone. This gives you slightly different hands and some idea of your chances going in and giving each player a slightly different flavor.

You never know when we might need just a few more expansion ideas . . .
Thanks!

I do not know much about ED, but I am currently designing a civilization/startegic space game with 8 different factions. So, when I looked at ED:B, I saw the possibilities of mixing it with some ideas from my game.

Anyway, if I can be of any help, do not hesitate to contact me. I'll be most happy to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.