Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serious Gamer
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm trying to get a good grip on the flow of this game before trying to get it on the tables. The big question I have is regarding segments, and the other two mentioned things in the title.

In the rules, it says that a computer action can be snoop, which means looking at an entire segment. More specifically, on page 10 under Security Actions:
"Observe everything within one station segment"

And again, on page 9 under Decompression:
"...hatch is opened adjacent to an already depressurized segment."

Is a segment, for instance, a room, half of the gravity ring, the entire gravity ring, the hub, the hub and all hallways/room adjacent to the hub (excluding docked ships), or what?

There are also times when the rules mention spaces and squares. It seems obvious what a square is (4 people can stack in it, aside from elevators which can hold 8). Is a space the same thing as a square, or is it different? If it's different, does that mean it's a room (each room being distinguished by doors and walls)?

Currently I'm assuming a segment for purposes of snooping refers to half the gravity ring (left half right half, ring 1 ring 2, however you refer to them), and assuming that a space is the same as a square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
square = space

Segments are divided by thick black lines and hatches.

Remember that in the Artifact that the doors don't exist... so if you depressurize a room, that whole segment gets depressurized. Video snooping is done segment by segment as well... which can cover alot of ground, but not 1/2 the gravity ring at once.

hope that helps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious Gamer
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, never noticed that some lines were thicker than others in the Ring, to divide areas of the space station into segments.

Ok, so if I understand correctly, breaching a segment doesn't make the entire ring depressurized, just the segment, am I right? If that's the case, then entering into a different segment, one that isn't breached, would then make it breath-able for humans, making it possible for them to survive without necessarily having to make it to a hatch.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The segments are divided by hatches, so to enter a different segment would require getting through a hatch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.