Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i hate this and somemore it happen on my gold foil card.
angry

do they owe me a replacement?

take a good look here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they do not. No CCG company, in the history of man, will replace a card based on faulty cuts. In fact, some of those cards are worth more than normal cards, and are still very much playable in your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
some players told me it's worthless, and they are willing to trade 3rare for this defective cut gold foil. Are they tricking me or helping me out?

i'm a newbie as this is my second tcg after Wowtcg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dexblair wrote:
some players told me it's worthless, and they are willing to trade 3rare for this defective cut gold foil. Are they tricking me or helping me out?

i'm a newbie as this is my second tcg after Wowtcg.

Its a usually standard rule that Miscuts are valuable in the eye of the beholder. Some people will trade out of their ass for them, some think they are worthless. I have no experience with those 2 ccgs, my main card game being the best (Magic the Gathering ), and that is the general rule concerning that game, along with stuff like VS system and the older Pokemon collectors. Don't hold your breath for a replacement though, it won't be coming

EDIT: Also, for the most part, serious CCG players like to take advantage of new players through trades and stuff. I don't suggest doing any trades until you consult price guides and online sources, because no matter how nice a guy is, you can't trust his intentions when trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon wrote:
No, they do not. No CCG company, in the history of man, will replace a card based on faulty cuts. In fact, some of those cards are worth more than normal cards, and are still very much playable in your deck.

Not true. Wizards of the Coast had some really bad cuts in the Fallen Empires days. They actually replaced cards that you sent back to them.

Of course they're richer now, so I wouldn't expect it to happen again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobDoctor wrote:
Weapon wrote:

Not true. Wizards of the Coast had some really bad cuts in the Fallen Empires days. They actually replaced cards that you sent back to them.

Of course they're richer now, so I wouldn't expect it to happen again.

Ah, well, I wasn't around in the early 90s for MTG, so I guess I missed the wave before the Big Takeover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.