Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Arvey
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules to this game are not very well-written. One of my questions -- whether dragons can be played in safe locations -- already seems to be answered here (yes). So, two more questions:

1) Is a player's had open or closed? That is to say, can my opponent look at the tiles I have available to play or is that incformation secret?

2) Is a barracks -- the three tile -- safe from the dragon? The rules state that a dragon is placed on top of a tile, and they also say that barracks are immune from having tiles played on top of them, which suggests that a dragon can't destroy a barracks.... but the dragons might be special in this regard.

Thanks to whoever takes the time and energy to respond. I like the game so far but can't be sure 'til I knwo I'm playing by the proper rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason, I'll do my best:

Der Ubermolch wrote:
1) Is a player's hand open or closed? That is to say, can my opponent look at the tiles I have available to play or is that incformation secret?

Closed hand, almost certainly.

Quote:
2) Is a barracks -- the three tile -- safe from the dragon? The rules state that a dragon is placed on top of a tile, and they also say that barracks are immune from having tiles played on top of them, which suggests that a dragon can't destroy a barracks.... but the dragons might be special in this regard.

The rules are very clear here:

"Exception: Even at dangerous (black) locations, you may not place your
tile (even if it is the dragon tile) on top of an opponent’s value 3 tile (the Barracks, marked with a sword)."

King's Gate is one of those games I just haven't played enough to form a solid opinion. I have to sort of re-learn it each time I play. I think it could get better with more plays, and is probably better than its 6.5 rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.