United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Following a game of Fische, Fluppen, Frikadellan, we broke out Fearsome Floors at VuduJoie's house. His wife Amy, friend Bobby Tweaks, and Peeps had arrived to join Jason, VuduJoie, and me in this game. Seven players meant three tokens for each player as we began. Peeps built a fine monster with the giant eye ball as a head and the goo as a body.

VuduJoie has accused me of having a good mind for spacial games like Fearsome Floors, but I confess that I always lose track of the logic that dictates the monster's movements. I understand that he looks left, right, and straight, determines which victim is closest, and moves towards that victim, but with 21 figures on the board, there is a lot to keep track of.

We all bunched up at the front of the board as the game commenced, with me taking an unfortunate front placement in a desperate bid for the blood line to make a quick skid towards the exit. Unfortunately, when we drew the monster action, it was a cross. Not to worry, said VuduJoie, the farthest it can go is 20 spaces... which, as it turned out, was where my vanguard member had been hanging out. Munched but not out, he retreated to the beginning and the monster was in among the rest. And as it turned out, I was not the only one to be sent back to the beginning by the second turn. But as we struggled to get back in the race, others were working their way steadily across the board.

It is the standard position near the end of the pack when you know that you cannot win that one often seeks to inflict some sort of harm on the leaders. I had a good shot to do this as most of the leaders had bunched near the end and my lead gang member was close enough to cause some pain if he sacrificed himself. Nevertheless, I struggled to determine the best place to put him. If the two cross card came up, my piece would be devoured to no effect. If any other card came out, it would cause havoc for the leaders. So I took my chance.

Bobby Tweaks ended up taking the brunt of the attack as the 10 came up. In fact, all three of his pieces and one of Peep's pieces joined mine back at the start. It was very satisfying, but in the end, did not prevent VuduJoie from landing his two pieces off the board first.

It had been a while since we had Fearsome Floors out on the table. I believe we will all be looking for it soon again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.