United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
At Bobby Tweak's last week, VuduJoie pulled out Mississippi Queen with the Black Rose expansion. Malloc was all over that game as a big racing game fan. We played with the two Phils and Chuck while Vudu settled into a game of Acquire at another table. I had won our previous game of Manhattan, so I started off in the pole position and got off to the races.

I had never played Mississippi Queen before, but I liked the way it unfolds with a roll of the dice to determine which direction the river flows. I got to the second tile first and rolled a third tile that was not in the direction I was facing. Phil number one took advantage of this and drove towards the new tile, catching an early lead and the first passenger to show up on the board.

In the back, ramming the Black Queen into the fellow players became the rule of thumb for the last-place racer. We had some trouble finding out how to determine the last place player, and I think we used two different methods throughout the game, but it did not throw off the final results.

By the time Phil number one had his second passenger, I had picked up one myself. Most of my coal was spent on manuevering among the islands that popped up in the way. When I got my second passenger, Malloc stood between me and Phil number one. Phil number two was in last place at that point and had sent the Black Queen at full throttle to stop Phil number one. When he did, the Black Queen nudged his ship onto a sandbar in such a way that he was out of the game. Just like that. Seeing the sandbar, I quickly changed my own position to avoid a similar fate. Malloc was already ahead and was able to slip in for the win. I pulled up for a quick second and Chuck took third.

The evening was one of friendly talk of ramming speed. Very inventive method of keeping track of speed and fuel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.