Zombicide» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Toxic & Zombicide rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
flag msg tools
Today our gaming group pulled out Zombicide for the third time. This time we included toxic zombies. Pretty sure we screwed rules up along the way since we hadn't included the green monsters before but it was still a fun time. There were five players and each of us fielded a single hero.

I took Derek, a survivor who came from the frozen north looking for plunder. The other survivors included Wanda, a roller-skating car-hop; Raoul, a medic whose medical abilities we never got to use; the other two survivors were guys with guns but I can't find their prior jobs (one figure was tan and the other was red and got a free Search action each turn) in core set or toxic mall galleries.

At any rate, we were briefed that the green zombies were not good to fight in the same space or else you got slimed and wounded. We had a mission to find spare parts and gasoline while clearing four objective markers in buildings around the board. We started in the center and the group split three ways (one loner and two groups of two) to explore early on before the place started crawling.

About five turns into the game and some wounds resulting from what we started calling 'zombie juice', we discovered that we were only supposed to put those zombies in play on certain specially marked cards. Honestly, we play zombicide more to hang out and talk geek stuff than to worry about game rules too much.

A couple of turns after that, Wanda and my character were getting swarmed by the toxic zombies. Knowing that I was dead and not wanting her character to get wounded, I didn't make any movement because I couldn't and made zero attacks. She skated a couple of spaces away and then my character got eaten. But toxic mall has a twist.

Killed characters can come back as zombie versions of their former selves. You just flip their stat card over and on the next turn (I think it was next turn after you were out for a turn?) you get to continue play but as a zombie-hero called a zombivore. I didn't last too much longer even as a hybrid zombie/good guy and two more of our group were zombified a turn or two after my complete removal from the game as a zombivore casualty.

We did 'win' because one of our group was able to get the required components and make it alive to the Exit. Not sure I'm a fan of the Zombivore approach but it is definitely different. Several players in the group own one or more expansions so we'll see what the Rue Morgue and/or other expansions bring to the game the next time we decide to cancel the apocalypse. As always, zombicide is a light, zombie-killing fun way of having some fun with your friends.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.