United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby Tweaks' gaming night was where I played my third game of Manhattan. It was the evening openner for me, and a pleasant one. The day at work had been hectic so I was looking for a quick distraction.

I was playing the game with the two Phils. Phil number one took gray, Phil number two took black, and I took the blue I played the last game with so I would not lose track of my pieces.

We placed individual buildings in our own cities for the first two rounds and then started building up our own cities for a very even first turn. By the second turn, the piling on had begun, using one building in a tied area of two and two to make a three and one domination score. High building went to Phil number two, and by the fourth turn, Phil number one and I were gunning for him.

Has anyone ever written a treatise on the fate of the early leader? There seems to be an opportune time in most boardgames to take the lead, and Phil number two had picked an inopportune time. He went from first place to last in about a turn. Phil number one was just vicious enough about it that I was able to build up in my own areas and get enough points and the tallest building to pull out my first Manhattan win. My final score was 79 points, Phil number one had 71 and Phil number two ended up with 67.

A fine fast game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.