Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I did a standard search in Board Game for "dimension". Everything returned had that word in its name except for Clash of the Princes. It does not have it in its name or alternate name, and in fact the word doesn't appear anywhere on its page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
indigopotter wrote:
That's pretty weird.

Indeed.

I think I see what is going on. Clash of the Princes is a cross-domain item; it exists (as the same entry) on RPGGeek. The RPGG entry doesn't have "dimension" in it either, but the RPG it belongs to (Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks) has an alternate name of "Dimensione avventura." I can get the same result by searching on BGG for "avventura," so it must be using that information.

This seems buggy for two reasons:

1. BGG search should not be using RPGG-specific information.

2. When searching for items at a given level information from other levels shouldn't be used. A BGG Board Game search is at the item level by definition. When searching on RPGG for RPG Item I get the same behavior, which still seems wrong to me: I should see Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks if I search for "dimension" with a category of RPG (or All), but not RPG Item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.