Hide
7 Posts

Liberty Roads» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement back to England? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Kazmierczak
msg tools
Can non-airborne divisions be withdrawn back to England? I don't see that allowed under the Sea Transport rules but intuitively it seems like it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My immediate thought was that any unit could use sea transport points to return to England and 11.2.1 suggests this ('to and from'). However, the possibility to return to England isn't listed in 11.2.2.

So... intuitively I'd agree with you, but the rules don't specifically allow it. An oversight, or due to ports on the continent being too damaged to load up a full division?

11.2.1 At the Start of the game, the Allied player has 3 Sea Transport points to move units to and from the “England” and “Med Front” holding boxes during the Sea Transport phase.
11.2.2 Sea Transport points can be used to:
•  Move a unit from “England” to a friendly Port or Beachhead NOT in the Mediterranean;
•  Move a unit from the “Med Front” to a friendly Port or Beachhead in the Mediterranean (only);
•  Move a unit from “England” to the “Med Front”, and viceversa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd allow pulling non-airborne out. The Play Aid card (back) has a sea transport costs table. Departing ports outside the med to arrive in England box costs 0 transport points. Those ships would have been returning to England empty. Med ports to Med box is also free.

Are you repairing armour on the cheap in England? I used it once to transfer from Brest to England then Antwerp in the Market Garden scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polate wrote:
I'd allow pulling non-airborne out. Play Aid card (back) has a sea transport costs. Departing ports outside the med to arrive in England box costs 0 transport points. Those ships would have been returning to England empty. Med ports to Med box is also free.

Are you repairing armour on the cheap in England? I used it once to transfer from Brest to England then Antwerp in the Market Garden scenario.

I have played and will continue to play this way, but I guess it's now a 'house rule'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roundhammer rule 11.2.9 makes it official.

Divisions and HQs can move from North Sea, Channel or Atlantic port to England Box or from Med ports to Med Box. Costs 0 transport points but you can't withdraw more units than the sea transport ponts available that turn. Can't move any further that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, shoulda checked Roundhammer myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquo Straffnoye
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
What about from a beachhead? Can a decimated unit withdraw from a beachhead to England or only via ports?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.