Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read the advance rules it says that if I hit a single or a double with no ** I can always try and take a extra base. I take the runners score and minus or add the figure in parenthesus from the fielders card, so my fieders card reads CF-2(0) and my runner is 1-16, so obviously he is quick. But it seems stacked so much for the runner, the odds of him taking any extra base is very high, every time it happens, I would risk it, stealing 2nd base from a cf single shouldnt happen that often, even with a speedster. Am I reading the rule wrong?
Second, I have seen a couple of cards that say GB B ** Why is it telling you to steal 2 bases off a GB B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiwifirst wrote:
When I read the advance rules it says that if I hit a single or a double with no ** I can always try and take a extra base. I take the runners score and minus or add the figure in parenthesus from the fielders card, so my fieders card reads CF-2(0) and my runner is 1-16, so obviously he is quick. But it seems stacked so much for the runner, the odds of him taking any extra base is very high, every time it happens, I would risk it, stealing 2nd base from a cf single shouldnt happen that often, even with a speedster.

It is stacked. You have a great runner. go for it. Most runners aren't nearly that fast. Also new to the updated rules are the following

+2 to running if trying to go to 3rd base from 1st base in such a situation if the ball is hit to right field.

-2 to running if trying to go to 3rd base from 1st base in such a situation if the ball is hit to left field.

Quote:

Am I reading the rule wrong?

no

Quote:

Second, I have seen a couple of cards that say GB B ++ Why is it telling you to steal 2 bases off a GB B?

you mean ++ not **. This means that if the opponet put the infield in, it would be a single thru the drawn in infield instead, runners advance two bases instead of it being a GB B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahha that new rule makes sense. Is there not one for 1st to 2nd on a CF hit? can you direct me to where all the new rules are?

On the other issue, I think the card said GB A * I know that the ++ is for if the infield is in, but I couldn't work out why there was a extra base run with a GB.

I still find the advanced rules a little hard to grasp, is there a website that explains them better?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiwifirst wrote:
When I read the advance rules it says that if I hit a single or a double with no ** I can always try and take a extra base. I take the runners score and minus or add the figure in parenthesus from the fielders card, so my fieders card reads CF-2(0) and my runner is 1-16, so obviously he is quick. But it seems stacked so much for the runner, the odds of him taking any extra base is very high, every time it happens, I would risk it, stealing 2nd base from a cf single shouldnt happen that often, even with a speedster. Am I reading the rule wrong?

I'm not sure what you're thinking when you say "steal". When the batter gets a hit, there's no stealing taking place. On a SI (CF), a runner *who is already on base* can attempt to go from first to third, or to score from second, with the probabilities as you describe. But the batter who hit the single does not have the opportunity to stroll on down to second, if that's what you mean. "Runner" always refers to someone who was already on base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
molnar wrote:
kiwifirst wrote:

I'm not sure what you're thinking when you say "steal". When the batter gets a hit, there's no stealing taking place. On a SI (CF), a runner *who is already on base* can attempt to go from first to third, or to score from second, with the probabilities as you describe. But the batter who hit the single does not have the opportunity to stroll on down to second, if that's what you mean. "Runner" always refers to someone who was already on base.

Oh, I thought in the advance game, if there was no * or ** you could attempt to take an extra base, so if you hit a single (cf) you could try for 2nd on the cf throwing arm. Is this not right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiwifirst wrote:
molnar wrote:
kiwifirst wrote:

Oh, I thought in the advance game, if there was no * or ** you could attempt to take an extra base, so if you hit a single (cf) you could try for 2nd on the cf throwing arm. Is this not right?

ok i have found the answer

However, in instances of singles and doubles not followed by asterisk(s), the manager of the team at bat may elect to have his baserunners advance an additional base. This does not include the batter who remains on the base indicated by the hit (first base for a single, second base for a double)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.