Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

My buddy and I have played a couple games so far and I'm looking suggestions on a fairly even-sided scenerio. So far we've played scenerios #1 and #3 (not sure of the names because the game's not in front of me right now).

Thanks,
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, with each game lasting about 30 minutes, if you are looking for an evenly matched scenario, why not play the same scenario twice, once on each side, and totaling the score of both games? It does not get any more balanced that that.

Cheers,
Denis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Smith
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IF you check Days of wonder's Memoir official website you can see a history where players who've tracked thier plays and the win loss records for each scenario. This gives you a pretty good idea of the weight of a particular scenario to a particular side.

If I'm remembering properly the later scenarios (in the base game) tend to have closer to a 50-50 split.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawk wrote:
Rob, with each game lasting about 30 minutes, if you are looking for an evenly matched scenario, why not play the same scenario twice, once on each side, and totaling the score of both games? It does not get any more balanced that that.

Cheers,
Denis

This is really the only way of playing the game fairly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently posted the stats from the Memoir site here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/132670

#8 Operation Cobra is probably among my most favorite of the base scenarios, and one of the most balanced. #9 Operation Luttich is a close second. #3 Sword Beach, which you have played, is the most balanced of the invasion scenarios and having just played that specific scenario again this past weekend I can tell you that it is a fun and tense scenario. The Brits really need to take one of the medal cities to win and the Germans have a pretty darn good chance to get the 5 medals before they can do that. In my game, the Allies won 5 medals to 3 taking the city on the German right flank. The Germans had several Allied units down to a single figure and had a (remote) chance to get to 5 medals on their last turn, but weren't quite able to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for your efforts. Loving the game. I look forward to trying #8 soon. My only issue is that I don't have many guys to play the game with. Wish my wife would be interested, but she's drawing the line at war games, it seems.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.