Hide
4 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » Rules

Subject: Base running scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M F
msg tools
Just want to make sure im understanding this right.

Scenario #1: hit box is single double fast runners. The first guy goes to first. Second guy pushes the first guy to third second guy stays on second?

Scenario #2: there is a slow runner on third and a fast runner on second. Hit box shows a single average runner. Bases becomes loaded? No advancement for the other runners?

Scenario #3: same set up as two but instead its a double average runner. Slow runner and red runner score average runner on second?

Again i just want to make sure i got this down the right way.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In scenario 1, the guy on first would score on the double. Fast runners advance one extra base on all hits.

In scenario 2, both runners would score. Runners always move on singles/doubles/triples - they wouldn't on a walk, which is what you have described. The slow runner on 3rd scores easily and the fast runner on second is also able to score. An average runner on 2nd would also have been able to score. The ability to score from 2nd on a single is the only difference between a slow and an average runner.

You got scenario 3 correct. Both runners on 2nd and 3rd score easily on the double.

Force76 wrote:

Scenario #1: hit box is single double fast runners. The first guy goes to first. Second guy pushes the first guy to third second guy stays on second?

Scenario #2: there is a slow runner on third and a fast runner on second. Hit box shows a single average runner. Bases becomes loaded? No advancement for the other runners?

Scenario #3: same set up as two but instead its a double average runner. Slow runner and red runner score average runner on second?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb

#2 both slow runner on 3rd and fast runner on second go home
#3 see above, they would have scored on a single anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M F
msg tools
peterk1 wrote:
Runners always move on singles/doubles/triples - they wouldn't on a walk

Force76 wrote:

Thanks!!

I got it now. Im thinking in terms of real baseball where a runner on third might not run on a single but in this game they always move on a hit. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.