Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I was reading through the FAQ and came across the bit about infinite loops, part of which says "If the Runner cannot jack out,
then it is the Corp’s responsibility to end the loop by letting the
Runner through to the server."

So if I'm understanding it correctly, even if you whirlpool the Runner into an unbreakable loop (Dunno if it's possible yet, but say with a hypothetical version of Cell Portal that doesn't derez), you would have to let the Runner in anyway after some number of iterations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and it is possible with only 2 rezed Wormholes. The encountered Wormhole resolves the other Wormhole sub, and it goes back and forth infinitely. The corp just say it does this a billion times and it's over and the runner moves on to the next ICE. It can happen now and maybe in the future it can happen with other ICE, but it's such a rare event I don't think anyone will ever encounter it but they wrote it in the rules to avoid it.

This is a time where the rule book trumps the card text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many easy loops.

Bullfrog makes you jump servers, so assume a broke runner and corp with the id that gains money on each psi game.

Also, you can reduce the rezz cost of whirpool to zero (say, with a superadvanced braintrust).

Susanoo no mikoto can also make you jump, etc

In. Any case and endless loop that does nothing is...senseless. Add a komainu or a neural katana to kill the runner in between!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine the point of that rule is to avoid a situation where the Corp tries to trap the runner in an infinite loop and then run out the time. Which is a super lame trick in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.