Subject: Persian Fleets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Oosterom
Netherlands
Houten
flag msg tools
mbmb
Last Saturday we were playing Perikles with 4 players and came up with the following situation:

A city was attacked, where the battle was fought with triremes first, hoplites second. Then the attacker anounced that he would use his special abilty of the Persian Fleets. This ability says that before a trireme round is being resolved (takes place), the player gets a free victory marker for that round. It states specifically that it cannot be used to achieve an automatic win, but other than that it still raises the question whether a second victory marker won in that round would mean he won the battle (and can take the VPS tile, etc.).

My understanding is that such is not possible, since it is the first round, and in the first round the maximum you can win is one marker, unless there is only one round to be fought. Am I on the right track here or am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Not sure I fully understand question. The Persian Fleet tile can only be used to automatically 'win' a battle token in Trireme combat. Since Hoplite combat was second then the Fleet tile would have no direct effect on who won the Location tile, only possibly helping one side to win the first round, thus gaining an advantage in the second round.

Hope that makes things a little clearer.

Martin Wallace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Oosterom
Netherlands
Houten
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just as I thought. You gain only an advantage in the trireme round, and cannot gain an automatic win, not even when there is only a trireme round, since you have to score 2 victory markers.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.