Maria» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conquering an enemy fortress with an ally inside rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Yesterday I played my first game of Maria with two friends where France and Prussia really dug into Austria and at one stage were rushing to get to the fortresses the fastest. Here we came upon a situation where I as Prussia was standing on an Austrian fortress but couldn't move further and France on his next turn could move through it. Would that mean he would also be allowed to conquer it even though I as his ally was standing on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
When you are standing on fortress X, no other piece (except generals of the same power) may enter (or move through) fortress X, and thus cannot conquer it, see section 10.1:

"Only one piece may ever be placed on each city (EXCEPTION: Stacks). Under no circumstances may a piece jump over another piece."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Ahh of course, you cannot move through it at all. Thanks Richard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that you have no allies.
You have 2 categories of enemies : those you can fight on the map and those you cannot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Maria is not a co-operative game like Pandemic.

France and Prussia will not share the victory upon the downfall of Austria. Instead, only one of them will be the sole winner and the other will lose together with Austria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I know and it wasn't what I asked about either. We were wondering if you could steal a fortress from your 'ally' which isn't possible apparently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.