Popular Tags: MN [+] [View All]
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- - - - - - - - -

Phoenix Games (901 W Lake St, Minneapolis (near Lake & Lyndale)) is starting up board game nights on the first and third Tuesdays of the month.

First one is this Tuesday, December 5.

I suspect this will be more geared to the BGG-type boardgamer.

- - - - - - - - - -

Twin Cities Boardgame group on meetup.com:

http://boardgames.meetup.com/316/

This is probably more geared toward the casual gamer but for the large meetups, there will be all kinds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Campbell
United States
Excelsior
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Phoenix has been having board game nights for about a year. I haven't attended...but Neil, the store owner, says the crowd has waxed and waned over time. Not sure what the current phase it's in now.

Also, Dreamers in St. Louis Park has boardgame nights every Tuesday starting at about 5:30/6 p.m.

Where are you located Evan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Rosenthal
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
There is also the Source's board game nights every friday at 7pm. I haven't been in a long time, but apparently it runs the gamut from hardcore 18XX players to the more eurogaming crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Sholto wrote:
Actually, Phoenix has been having board game nights for about a year. ...

Yeah, I went this week and found that out.

I thought it was just starting because that's what one of the clerks told me when I was in there buying Wings of War

Major Sholto wrote:
Where are you located Evan?

I am in South Minneapolis, work in West St. Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was ok.

There were 7 people.

I hadn't been before so didn't really bring many games.

One guy brought some games that we ended up playing.

I ended up playing in games of Shear Panic, Cloud 9 and Cosari. Some others played Hey! That's My Fish!

I will be going back. I don't have very many good board games for more than two (other than the standard Ticket To Ride and Carcassone), but should have a couple of new card-based games by then I would like to try:

Counting Zzzzs

Fairy Tale

I am also thinking about making a home-made version of Ca$h 'n Gun$ but haven't actually put together what is needed yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Sholto wrote:
Also, Dreamers in St. Louis Park has boardgame nights every Tuesday starting at about 5:30/6 p.m.

I live less than a mile from Dreamers, but I've never been able to find the time to join them. I see them playing if I stop in for a few minutes, and they look like a fun bunch. Last week it looked like they had two games going at once, with Blue Moon City, Amun Re, and Antike (I think) in the pile. They typically have a mini-mountain of games hauled in and seem to play a wide variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I usually hang out at Village Games in Anoka on the weekends. They are open until midnight for members.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at UniverseGames in Richfield's site but their schedule makes it seem like M:TG, M:TG, and some more M:TG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Major Sholto wrote:

I live less than a mile from Dreamers, but I've never been able to find the time to join them. I see them playing if I stop in for a few minutes, and they look like a fun bunch. Last week it looked like they had two games going at once, with Blue Moon City, Amun Re, and Antike (I think) in the pile. They typically have a mini-mountain of games hauled in and seem to play a wide variety.

I am one of the gamers that goes to Dreamer's on Tuesdays. Come on out and join us, we start at 5:30pm/6:00pm and run until about 10:30pm or so.

Was looking through your owned game list and see you have Die Macher and Y's, please bring these would love to play either one or both.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.