Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: Memior 44 counterattack card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul McAllister
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only played a few games of this and want to know if you can counterattack a counterattck card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been discussed in the Memoir '44 forums and the answer is yes, you can play a Counter-Attack card on a Counter-Attack card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McAllister
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve
United States
SE
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had posted this question in the M44 Rules forum and the consensus was that it was acceptable to play a counter-attack on a counter-attack.

We still maintain that in the spirit of the game, you can not counter-attack a counter-attack so we play it this way, by not allowing it..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the counter attack card. If you play this card, is armor allowed to overrun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
raenman wrote:
I have a question about the counter attack card. If you play this card, is armor allowed to overrun?

Your question confuses me because I can't understand why you would think playing counterattack would cancel armor's overrun capability. Ordered armor units can always overrun, no matter what card was played. I suppose there are certain cards that would preclude overruns, such as Firefight, but only because they cannot be used for Close Assault.

So, my question is, why do you think the counterattack card might disallow armor overruns? I want to help and am wondering if there is some other misunderstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry, I really should not be posting questions before my 2nd cup of coffee in the morning! I realize that my question has to do with the Ambush card and not the counterattack card. If I play the ambush card when you declare your attack, can my armor unit that ambushes, and defeats a unit be allowed to overrun?
I said yes but my friend says no, because the armor unit was not orderd and it was not my turn. Thanx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that's an interesting question, which is answered by this entry from the FAQ on DoW site:

Quote:

Taking Ground Q. Does the 'Ambush' card allow the unit to advance if the target is retreated or eliminated?
A. No, (page 11 Taking Ground)
When an ordered Infantry unit in Close Assault combat eliminates the enemy unit or forces it to retreat, it may Take Ground by advancing into the vacated hex. The key word here is ordered. Only the player taking his turn (ordered units) may take ground during his turn. The ambush card is a reaction play when an opponent declares a Close Assault, and therefore the unit may not take ground even if the opposition is eliminated or retreats.

So, since it can't take ground, it can't overrun.

Your friend is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.