Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Winter Tales» Forums » General

Subject: New Quests or Characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
André Luis de Oliveira Cruz
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, guys. Any ideas for news quests os characters?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
Hey, guys. Any ideas for news quests os characters?


Well, for characters, there's Von Rothbart (Winter) and Baba Yaga (Spring) as spellcasters (to introduce magic into the game), the Cat Who Looked at a King (Spring) and Vasalisa the Beautiful or Barnaby Crookedman the Taxman (both Winter) as "Spin Doctors" (Barnaby because he's offering tax rebates if folks work against Spring, and the Cat Who Looked at a King through nonviolent protest, and Vasalisa as the poster child of Winter's "nicer side"... long story, which may require you to see a forum I started a while back, myself), and the Dormouse (Spring) and the Cheshire Cat (Winter) as spies.

And I have one rather interesting idea for a quest: "Find the Wishing Star!"

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
JesterBF wrote:
Hey, guys. Any ideas for news quests os characters?


Well, for characters, there's Von Rothbart (Winter) and Baba Yaga (Spring) as spellcasters (to introduce magic into the game), the Cat Who Looked at a King (Spring) and Vasalisa the Beautiful or Barnaby Crookedman the Taxman (both Winter) as "Spin Doctors" (Barnaby because he's offering tax rebates if folks work against Spring, and the Cat Who Looked at a King through nonviolent protest, and Vasalisa as the poster child of Winter's "nicer side"... long story, which may require you to see a forum I started a while back, myself), and the Dormouse (Spring) and the Cheshire Cat (Winter) as spies.

And I have one rather interesting idea for a quest: "Find the Wishing Star!"



(This is just in case I didn't subscribe).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Luis de Oliveira Cruz
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I thought at the Cheshire Cat (spring), Red Rose (spring), Bluebeard (winter) and Frau Totenkinder (winter), the latter to give the atmosphere of magic to the game. Red Rose kicked out of home by his sister Snow White wants to overthrow the winter regime helping the rebels. The Cat wants to try to heal Alice of his madness, and Bluebeard want to marry Alice, as promised by Snow White, and then kill her.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
I thought at the Cheshire Cat (spring), Red Rose (spring), Bluebeard (winter) and Frau Totenkinder (winter), the latter to give the atmosphere of magic to the game. Red Rose kicked out of home by his sister Snow White wants to overthrow the winter regime helping the rebels. The Cat wants to try to heal Alice of his madness, and Bluebeard want to marry Alice, as promised by Snow White, and then kill her.


Nice! What powers would they have (if any)? And who would be their opposite numbers (if any)?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Luis de Oliveira Cruz
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
The Cat think it would have the power to move WITHOUT SPENDING card, as it appears and disappears all the time. Red Rose would have +1 traps. Frau Totenkinder would have +1 to solve quests, and Bluebeard +1 in battle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
The Cat think it would have the power to move WITHOUT SPENDING card, as it appears and disappears all the time. Red Rose would have +1 traps. Frau Totenkinder would have +1 to solve quests, and Bluebeard +1 in battle.


Nice! And who would their opposite numbers be?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
If we create new characters, they should have a new abilities.
Maybe some magic which can discard cards from opponents hands?
Or some thief ability when you can take card from opponents hand and use it for your self?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Luis de Oliveira Cruz
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
How about this? The cat can move without using a card, going where you want. Frau Totenkinder or a Witch Forest, can turn a card from an opponent on a card your turning it to the winter side.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
How about this? The cat can move without using a card, going where you want. Frau Totenkinder or a Witch Forest, can turn a card from an opponent on a card your turning it to the winter side.


Interesting... I like it!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Luis de Oliveira Cruz
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
About new quests I thought so: If one of the factions take the Great Artifact, no need removing the token from the opposite faction of the game. instead if the other faction take this token is assumed that Quest is The Stranger Came from Away. The purpose of this Quest is to find a fairytale character, who is not among the characters in the game, which has a secret or an advantage, for use against the opposing faction that initiated the Quest.
The idea is to use characters like The Cheshire Cat, Red Rose, Prince Charming, The Witch Forest, etc, and build the Quest upon arrival of this new character to Winter Town.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
About new quests I thought so: If one of the factions take the Great Artifact, no need removing the token from the opposite faction of the game. instead if the other faction take this token is assumed that Quest is The Stranger Came from Away. The purpose of this Quest is to find a fairytale character, who is not among the characters in the game, which has a secret or an advantage, for use against the opposing faction that initiated the Quest.
The idea is to use characters like The Cheshire Cat, Red Rose, Prince Charming, The Witch Forest, etc, and build the Quest upon arrival of this new character to Winter Town.


Wait... Prince Charming? What side might he choose? And what would his story be?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
About new quests I thought so: If one of the factions take the Great Artifact, no need removing the token from the opposite faction of the game. instead if the other faction take this token is assumed that Quest is The Stranger Came from Away. The purpose of this Quest is to find a fairytale character, who is not among the characters in the game, which has a secret or an advantage, for use against the opposing faction that initiated the Quest.
The idea is to use characters like The Cheshire Cat, Red Rose, Prince Charming, The Witch Forest, etc, and build the Quest upon arrival of this new character to Winter Town.


Here's one character:

Josef, the Golem (from Jewish folklore).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
About new quests I thought so: If one of the factions take the Great Artifact, no need removing the token from the opposite faction of the game. instead if the other faction take this token is assumed that Quest is The Stranger Came from Away. The purpose of this Quest is to find a fairytale character, who is not among the characters in the game, which has a secret or an advantage, for use against the opposing faction that initiated the Quest.
The idea is to use characters like The Cheshire Cat, Red Rose, Prince Charming, The Witch Forest, etc, and build the Quest upon arrival of this new character to Winter Town.


What characters can folks come up with? I wanna here your input, everyone!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JesterBF wrote:
About new quests I thought so: If one of the factions take the Great Artifact, no need removing the token from the opposite faction of the game. instead if the other faction take this token is assumed that Quest is The Stranger Came from Away. The purpose of this Quest is to find a fairytale character, who is not among the characters in the game, which has a secret or an advantage, for use against the opposing faction that initiated the Quest.
The idea is to use characters like The Cheshire Cat, Red Rose, Prince Charming, The Witch Forest, etc, and build the Quest upon arrival of this new character to Winter Town.


Does anyone have ideas on how to begin such a tale?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
JesterBF wrote:
About new quests I thought so: If one of the factions take the Great Artifact, no need removing the token from the opposite faction of the game. instead if the other faction take this token is assumed that Quest is The Stranger Came from Away. The purpose of this Quest is to find a fairytale character, who is not among the characters in the game, which has a secret or an advantage, for use against the opposing faction that initiated the Quest.
The idea is to use characters like The Cheshire Cat, Red Rose, Prince Charming, The Witch Forest, etc, and build the Quest upon arrival of this new character to Winter Town.


Does anyone have ideas on how to begin such a tale?



How about something like this?

"It seemed warmer today, at least to Gulliver. Good. He always did think that being cold at this time of year wasn't right. As he stepped over the threshold into town, he noticed a little flower nearby. Picking it from the ground, he examined it, and smiled, pressing it between the pages of his book so it would be preserved. Something told him that something great was going to happen here, and he intended to see it for himself, and tell of it so that no man would forget it."

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
JesterBF wrote:
About new quests I thought so: If one of the factions take the Great Artifact, no need removing the token from the opposite faction of the game. instead if the other faction take this token is assumed that Quest is The Stranger Came from Away. The purpose of this Quest is to find a fairytale character, who is not among the characters in the game, which has a secret or an advantage, for use against the opposing faction that initiated the Quest.
The idea is to use characters like The Cheshire Cat, Red Rose, Prince Charming, The Witch Forest, etc, and build the Quest upon arrival of this new character to Winter Town.


Does anyone have ideas on how to begin such a tale?



How about something like this?

"It seemed warmer today, at least to Gulliver. Good. He always did think that being cold at this time of year wasn't right. As he stepped over the threshold into town, he noticed a little flower nearby. Picking it from the ground, he examined it, and smiled, pressing it between the pages of his book so it would be preserved. Something told him that something great was going to happen here, and he intended to see it for himself, and tell of it so that no man would forget it."



I have apparently ended this thread, haven't I?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Um... how about the Mouse King as a character?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Here's an idea for a character: The Huntsman.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.