Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi i use to be an illegal downloader back in the day of napster when it was new and i knew no better and was strapped for cash.

i vary rarely by music cd, normaly just borrow friends, but i recently used a site called allofmp3.com which ive since found is having court battle about legality and its stopped accepting card payments.

so do you any of you use good mp3 download sites? i want to go legal!

i don't mind free ones with unsigned music but i would like offical sights where i can buy chart music, you know them 50p a track kinda sites?

so do you have any stories to tell on the sites you use?
what can you reccomend me? its a real jungle out there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Im looking for legal mp3 downloads sites and reccomdatio
iTunes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
i don't mind free ones with unsigned music but i would like offical sights where i can buy chart music, you know them 50p a track kinda sites?

I am not sure what you mean by "chart music"... do you mean music that is on the TOP 40? Or do you mean music that gets reported to charts regardless of rank (as would any artist/band on a label)?

This site has signed artists, mostly indie music, small labels, etc... all good. It lets you download a few tracks but a cookie will cause it to ask you to register after the third or so. Simply a free email registration with no spam and you can download the entire catalog after you do that. Legal MP3s...

http://epitonic.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe it or not, Walmart is an excellent source for downloads. Excellent selection and price.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=4104&fromPage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itunes isn't that the silly one where you can only put the mp3s on a ipod? or something strange..

i want some freedom with what i download to beable to put on my own cd's or mp3 players regardless of make

and napster if you stop subscribing doesn't it turn off all the music you've downloaded some how so i've heard. no idea how it works but it was mentioned on a gadget show i watched or a radio station...

so thats what im trying to avoid. so askign for recomendations i'll look in to the above so far...

i know there is one that people say was very good but can not remember its name im seacrhing the web trying to find out. but searching for legal sites seem quite hard and some ive come across seem very very dodgy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't all of the legal download sites DRM'd (only plays on X, goes away if you cancel your sub, etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
itunes isn't that the silly one where you can only put the mp3s on a ipod? or something strange..

i want some freedom with what i download to beable to put on my own cd's or mp3 players regardless of make

The iTunes interface allows you to burn to CD. Once on CD you can then rip them again to put on any MP3 player... or simply listen to them on CD.

Milarky wrote:
i know there is one that people say was very good but can not remember its name im seacrhing the web trying to find out. but searching for legal sites seem quite hard and some ive come across seem very very dodgy.

Epitonic, check it out. Totally legit and a bunch of great offerings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
disclamer wrote:
Aren't all of the legal download sites DRM'd (only plays on X, goes away if you cancel your sub, etc)?

Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some (lesser known) bands make free mp3s available as samples. Inkubus Sukkubus for example uses soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?BandID=120...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
disclamer wrote:

Nope.

are there good sites that provide "chart music" (I assume he means, "stuff you hear on Top 40 radio") without DRM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well erm franz ferdianad snow partol film soundtracks n stuff

but i like that incubus music to

i have a wide range of music tastes but like to download what i hear on radio tv too..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
disclamer wrote:
are there good sites that provide "chart music" (I assume he means, "stuff you hear on Top 40 radio") without DRM?

If he meant "stuff you hear on Top 40 radio" then finding a free legal download is unlikely with or without DRM.

The site that I linked to does have some pop stuff free, legal and without DRM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cardarelli
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded both Franz Ferdinand's ablums off Bittorrent, for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emusic.com
DRM free mp3s. There's alot of great artists on there from indie lables, including They Might Be Giants.
25 free downloads when you sign up.

From their website: "eMusic caters to music lovers of all types in the underserved 25-54 demographic." You'll have trouble finding top of the chart stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
got a reccomendation from another site looks cheap too http://mclub.te.net.ua/
not got a register email yet though..

emusic looks ok might do the trial but its 14 a month so not sure i onyl get music bug once a blue moon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.