Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Napoleon's Last Battles» Forums » General

Subject: How do the different versions differ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
Avatar
mb
How do the TSR (1st), SPI (2nd) and DG (3rd and "current"?) versions of this game differ? (Photos of maps and counters would be great!)

EDIT: And it looks like another edition (not currently in the database) is on the way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
How do the TSR (1st), SPI (2nd) and DG (3rd and "current"?) versions of this game differ? (Photos of maps and counters would be great!)

There are already lots of photos showing maps and counters for all three versions - have you browsed through the images folder?

Can't help you with comparisons; I bought an SPI Designer's Edition after putting a lot of miles on my SPI unmounted map version, so I never had any use for the TSR or Decision reprints.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
Avatar
mb
Sphere wrote:
There are already lots of photos showing maps and counters for all three versions - have you browsed through the images folder?

Yes. There's no way to search on edition, which in any case is not always clearly indicated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Goodknecht
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:
There are already lots of photos showing maps and counters for all three versions - have you browsed through the images folder?

Yes. There's no way to search on edition, which in any case is not always clearly indicated.


As far as I know, other than graphic changes to the DG version, all three are the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SPI:



TSR:
 



Decision:

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oh unpunched

me want.....again
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
Avatar
mb
Excellent thanks!

And is there another version (DG redo), not listed here!?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have posted these previous threads as well. There are only 6 threads in the folder previous to this one, and 2 discussed version differences and preferences:

Any difference between TSR and SPI?
edition?

Lots of info in the game folders here for those who take a moment to look.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
Avatar
mb
Sphere wrote:

Axiom: Emoticons do not make one not-a-dick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Axiom: Emoticons do not make one not-a-dick.

Neither does posting thread after thread asking others to do your homework for you. I've been trying to hip you to the fact it's lying there in plain sight.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
Avatar
mb
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:
:)

Axiom: Emoticons do not make one not-a-dick.

Neither does posting thread after thread asking others to do your homework for you. I've been trying to hip you to the fact it's lying there in plain sight.

Yeah, sorry: that came off totally wrong. I wouldn't be bothered even if you were being a dick (it's the Internet fgs). But I'm not alone here and there were remarks made.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Axiom: Emoticons do not make one not-a-dick.

Neither does posting thread after thread asking others to do your homework for you. I've been trying to hip you to the fact it's lying there in plain sight.

Yeah, sorry: that came off totally wrong. I wouldn't be bothered even if you were being a dick (it's the Internet fgs). But I'm not alone here and there were remarks made.

Accepted. Here's the axiom I had in mind "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Axiom: Emoticons do not make one not-a-dick.

Neither does posting thread after thread asking others to do your homework for you. I've been trying to hip you to the fact it's lying there in plain sight.

Yeah, sorry: that came off totally wrong. I wouldn't be bothered even if you were being a dick (it's the Internet fgs). But I'm not alone here and there were remarks made.

Accepted. Here's the axiom I had in mind "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".


"Build a man a fire and he's warm for an evening; set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life."
12 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrtracy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Axiom: Emoticons do not make one not-a-dick.

Neither does posting thread after thread asking others to do your homework for you. I've been trying to hip you to the fact it's lying there in plain sight.

Yeah, sorry: that came off totally wrong. I wouldn't be bothered even if you were being a dick (it's the Internet fgs). But I'm not alone here and there were remarks made.

Accepted. Here's the axiom I had in mind "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".


"Build a man a fire and he's warm for an evening; set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life."


"Give a man a shovel; he'll dig his own hole deep enough"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity....
badge
....and I'm not certain about the universe." Albert Einstein
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
jrtracy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Sphere wrote:

Axiom: Emoticons do not make one not-a-dick.

Neither does posting thread after thread asking others to do your homework for you. I've been trying to hip you to the fact it's lying there in plain sight.

Yeah, sorry: that came off totally wrong. I wouldn't be bothered even if you were being a dick (it's the Internet fgs). But I'm not alone here and there were remarks made.

Accepted. Here's the axiom I had in mind "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".


"Build a man a fire and he's warm for an evening; set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life."


"Give a man a shovel; he'll dig his own hole deep enough"


"Give a man a hole in the ground and he has an opportunity waiting to be filled"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Aldaron. I'd love to the latest version's map and counters. Especially of the latter as the DG set supposedly have another set of counters that represent access to better OOB.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Flynn
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Admittedly I have not played the DG version, so in terms of game play I don't know if there is much difference between DG or SPI. Personally I prefer the more simple SPI/TSR graphics of the counter sheet. And the TRS box art is just fantastic. I think the DG counters on the map look cluttered and messy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Siviter
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely the DG version counters with what appears to be colour coded Command formastions must make the campaign game much easier?
One of the reasons I have not played the campaign so far is the problem of identifying units for command and control with my aging eyesight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.