Hide
5 Posts

BattleTech CCG» Forums » General

Subject: 3 rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
an an
msg tools
1) can a tapped blocker who is on guard duty block again on the same turn on an attack targeting him?

2)can a tapped blocker who is on guard duty block again on the same turn on an attack targeting the region he is guarding?

3) can a slow mech guarding a stockpile block a fast mech attack specifically on the slow mech?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arikado wrote:
1) can a tapped blocker who is on guard duty block again on the same turn on an attack targeting him?

2)can a tapped blocker who is on guard duty block again on the same turn on an attack targeting the region he is guarding?

3) can a slow mech guarding a stockpile block a fast mech attack specifically on the slow mech?

ad 1 and 2: Tapped mechs can't block, no matter if they're guarding or not.

ad 3: No, they're guarding the stockpile, not each other...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
an an
msg tools
dasher47051 wrote:
arikado wrote:

ad 1 and 2: Tapped mechs can't block, no matter if they're guarding or not.

ad 3: No, they're guarding the stockpile, not each other...

i mean the slow mech is guarding his stockpile. the enemy uses a fast mech to attack the slow mech. can the slow mech block?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Slow Mech is being attacked by the Fast mech then the slow mech is the target of the attack. He cannot block the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Western

Virginia
msg tools
Understand that when assigning a unit or mech to guard, it puts it into a region. If you imagined this on a battlefield both units could be on opposite sides of the region when the attack comes.

However, the way the rules suggest laying out cards for playing, is only intended, I believe, to allow opponents to more easily see what is there in an opponents field. What is between them and a given target or site.

So no, if you have 2 guarding mechs, and one is attacked directly. Its on its own. The only way this would not be the case, is if one of the mechs was fast enough to block the attack from the patrol region I believe. (I don't think having a medium mech and slow mech which gets attacked guarding a site, would allow the medium to block the attack from another medium mech, because its duty is defending the site.

I believe you can have a mech guard another mech or site. But that mech is then guarding that mech or site, and not whatever site the guarded mech is guarding. (I don't have a rule book in front of me, but I think you can only guard underconstruction or Depleted units since they can't move, not ones that are active. memory is a little fuzzy there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.