Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Hand Management and I love managing my hand to outsource my opponent.

I'm looking for a game that isn't focused on guessing/double guessing/rock paper/scissors(I already have Yomi and don't like BattleCon).

It has to be cards only as I want a diceless hand management experience. And I like the "fight" aspect so no Battle Line/Lost Cities for me and no deckbuilding as well.

Anything resembling the Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage battle system is welcome. I love the idea of having to "match" opposing cards to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
1989: Dawn of Freedom uses Hannibal like card fighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just described: Knockout.

Take a look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize BattleCON didn't work out for you, but the Pixel Tactics series might be closer to the type of hand management fighting game that you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yomi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fel Barros
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Tim!

Knockout it's EXACTLY what I wanted!

Thank you all for the suggestions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FakeDutch wrote:
Thank you, Tim!

Knockout it's EXACTLY what I wanted!

Thank you all for the suggestions

Glad that it helped. I can't tell you how many times I have thought I had just enough attack and defense cards to really take it to my opponent only to have them counter everything I threw at them and then run out of defense and get clobbered with a haymaker shake .

A word of warning if you have never bought a Victory Point game. Be prepared to wipe off the components when you get it. Everything is laser cut so there is a fine soot on them and they smell like something burnt for a short time. I'm also not so keen on the box it comes in. It's a generic box with a folding style lid and the artwork is on a sleeve that slides over the box. I think its a pain to have to slide the sleeve on and off without wrinkling a corner which can make it difficult to take on and off but other than those complaints I think it's a great little fun game. The artwork is great and it plays quickly so you can play it again. I would say that it's really a two player game. I've never played with four players.

Once you have enjoyed Knockout for a while, if you want something a little bit more involved. Check out Fallen. It's an awesome game of card management but it does have lots of dice rolling though but I think it's an excellent game that seems to be flying under everyones radar just like Knockout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.