Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough. And IMHO it would lose the tension. This should be easy to find an opponent for though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww gee...damn thanks for the quick reply...I'm down in New Zealand...there is no one near me...trust me on this one...that plays this game....maybe Vassla though...which I play LocknLoad on...no General articles about solo I guess...well I'll have to come up with my own...somehow! Thanks though. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McNally
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS works really well for Hannibal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acts.warhorsesim.com

Also check out wargameroom.com for a nice program that lets you play online live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I taught myself the game when it first came out by playing it solo, and I have to say I enjoyed it.

Each turn, I looked at the game sitiation from the side I was playing, and tried to decide what would be best to do just based on the current board position and the strategy cards in that faction's hand. I had to do the same with the battle cards - i.e. I ignored the knowledge I had of the other faction's cards and just concentrated on the cards in the hand I was currently looking at.

It worked as a way of learning the game and I enjoyed 4 or 5 games this way, but it is certainly better with an opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur III
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
I taught myself the game when it first came out by playing it solo, and I have to say I enjoyed it.

Each turn, I looked at the game sitiation from the side I was playing, and tried to decide what would be best to do just based on the current board position and the strategy cards in that faction's hand. I had to do the same with the battle cards - i.e. I ignored the knowledge I had of the other faction's cards and just concentrated on the cards in the hand I was currently looking at.

It worked as a way of learning the game and I enjoyed 4 or 5 games this way, but it is certainly better with an opponent.

An excellent way to play many wargames. I do this all the time and have enjoyed H:RvC very much that way. So far every wargame that someone told me I couldn't play or enjoy solo has been great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried Sword of Rome solo once, only lasted 1 Turn. It was fun, but splitting my personality four-ways was hard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff guys! Thanks. Reading thru rules and trying to get a feel for it all and will try playing on Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.