Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Magic Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destorying Armor Sharpness Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: mrjr_rsp [+] [View All]
Bryan
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the Avalon hill magazine with magic realm article.

It has combat between the captain and dwarf. The captain hits the dwarfs M helmet with L weapon, plus sharpness star, and over strength chit the article states this as a heavy hit destroying the helmet.

I thought this would be a medium hit. L + sharpness + over strength = H. Then subtract sharpness for M.

This brings up my question then of how do you determine the damage to armor? Does armor take the full damage including sharpness stars? But wehern dealing harm you remove a sharpness star?

Thanks for any clarification.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Bryan wrote:
The captain hits the dwarfs M helmet with L weapon, plus sharpness star, and over strength chit the article states this as a heavy hit destroying the helmet.

If this was an article about 1st edition basic combat, then it would be correct. In the 1st edition rules, losing a sharpness star when striking armor was only an optional rule (2.3 Armor Bonus) that probably wouldn't used by beginners.

If you could identify the exact article that you are reading I could check it out myself to be sure.

Bryan wrote:
I thought this would be a medium hit. L + sharpness + over strength = H. Then subtract sharpness for M.

Yes, this would be correct for 2nd & 3rd edition rules.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
richfam wrote:
Bryan wrote:
The captain hits the dwarfs M helmet with L weapon, plus sharpness star, and over strength chit the article states this as a heavy hit destroying the helmet.

If this was an article about 1st edition basic combat, then it would be correct. In the 1st edition rules, losing a sharpness star when striking armor was only an optional rule (2.3 Armor Bonus) that probably wouldn't used by beginners.

If you could identify the exact article that you are reading I could check it out myself to be sure.

Bryan wrote:
I thought this would be a medium hit. L + sharpness + over strength = H. Then subtract sharpness for M.

Yes, this would be correct for 2nd & 3rd edition rules.


Thanks Jay. The article is from the general magazine 16 number 4 I believe. Here's a link to the picture I took before I left the house.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
General Volume 16 Number 4 does contain that article. That issue was November-December 1979, so it predates the second edition rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
General Volume 16 Number 4 does contain that article. That issue was November-December 1979, so it predates the second edition rules.


Thanks guys. I was just starting to feel comfortable with the game and this threw me for a curve.

I appreciate the responses!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the MR articles in the General don't even get the rules right. so be careful when reading them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.