Subject: BOT for Solo Play Against an Automated Opponent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Shaud
United States
flag msg tools
Shop at
Shop at
There are only so many victory conditions that can be devised for a solitaire scenario so I decided to create rules for a robot player (BOT).

These BOT rules worked well for a scenario where the victory condition was to shoot the most total points in bucks with no limit to how many could be taken. I am planning to modify them somewhat for scenarios where only one or two bucks can be harvested as the BOT will need to be more choosy. I used the BOT with the Buck Fever scenario. Try it out.

Here are the guidelines that I used for the BOT:

1. Starts on the same tile as the player. The player takes the first turn each round.

2. If total of the BOT DEM + POP > 7, the BOT will Hunt on the current tile. The player rolls the BOT's DEM and POP dice just as he would for himself (rerolling any appropriate DEM dice based on DEM level) and then draws deer equal to the total successes from the appropriate Deer Pool (BOT will draw from Pool A when it is permitted). The deer drawn are immediately flipped and the BOT bags the largest buck in the pool. The BOT's DEM is reduced by 5 and the -2 POP marker is put on its tile as when a player bags a deer. If the BOT has to pass on shooting due to no bucks present for example, his DEM is reduced per the rules just as it would be for the player.

Note that if the BOT is trailing, he will hunt when the total of DEM + POP is > 6.

3. If the BOT is on the same tile as the player, the BOT will move with the following preferences:
a. Onto a face down tile (any bonus tokens present are removed from play)
b. If there is more than one face down tile adjacent, the BOT moves to the adjacent face down tile connected to the most other face down tiles.

4. If the BOT is one tile away from the player, the BOT will move:
a. To another face down tile one tile away from the player (again removing any bonus tokens).
b. To the tile one tile away from the player with the highest POP rating (the calculation of highest POP includes any POP +1 markers).

Any time the BOT moves during its turn, he will draw an Event card and receive the DEM benefit and any POP benefits to his current tile as if he had succeeded (full success - S) at the attribute test on the card.

General rule of thumb for BOT movement: the BOT wants to be one tile away from the player if possible, but will seek out face down tiles first (to eliminate bonus tokens for the player), followed by the tiles with the highest POP rating.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.