Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules changes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Zombicide [+] BP [+] [View All]
Mr. Slowfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have noticed in the game play video that there are some rule changes compared to Zcude. We know that you now can have shields and armor.
If you watch the video carefully you'll see that they also roll dice for opening doors!
Anything else? Thought we could collect rules changes here.
cheers
Mr. Slowfinger

Edit: here are the rules collected so far.

Rules changes:
-Opening doors works like an attack (some weapons)
-Survivors have three wounds instead of two.
-Wounds are not coupled to an item loss
-Wounds are no longer cards.
-Armor can protect you from wounds.
-Shields can increase armor or let you re-roll an armor-roll.
-There's a weapon in the expansion that allows you to heal.
-There is a healing enchantment
-Enchanments in general work like equipped skills.
-Survivors may hold up to 8 cards (instead of 5).
-No Zombivors so far

-Abominations ignore armor.
-Dragon Bile + Torch (to kill Abomination) work differently from a molotov.
-Necromancers can create spawn zones and remove them upon being defeated.
-Necromancers try to head for the closest real spawn point instead of the noisiest zone. Their spawn point becomes permanent if they escape.
-The Abominotaur can break down walls and doors.
-Targeting order of ranged attacks is changed. Survivors in the target zone are only hit on ranged misses, and you don't hit them if you roll more hits than you needed either.

-Vaults exist and are pre-seeded with a good weapon (kind of like the Pimpmobile)
-Vaults have fixed entry/exit points represented by coloured tokens and may allow secret passageways across the map.

-Fatties do not spawn with accompanying Walkers.
-There are (a lot of) Double Spawn cards. These cause you to skip the current zone, and draw two cards for the next zone in the same spawn. If drawn on the last zone, you draw two cards for the first zone you spawned in.
-There is no equivalent to manholes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a few I have noticed:

Survivors have three wounds instead of two.
Survivors may hold up to 8 cards (instead of 5).
Wounds are no longer cards.
Armor can protect you from wounds.
Abominations ignore armor.
Dragon Bile + Torch work differently from a molotov.
Necromancers can create spawn zones and remove them upon being defeated.
Some equipment can only be equipped/used at yellow/orange/red level.
The Abominotaur can break down walls and doors.
No Zombivors so far (and I hope we don't see them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:

• Targeting order of ranged attacks is changed. Survivors in the target zone are only hit on ranged misses, and you don't hit them if you roll more hits than you needed either.
• Necromancers try to head for the closest real spawn point instead of the noisiest zone. Their spawn point becomes permanent if they escape.
• Vaults exist and are pre-seeded with a good weapon (kind of like the Pimpmobile)
• Vaults have fixed entry/exit points represented by coloured tokens and may allow secret passageways across the map.
• Fatties do not spawn with accompanying Walkers.
• There are (a lot of) Double Spawn cards. These cause you to skip the current zone, and draw two cards for the next zone in the same spawn. If drawn on the last zone, you draw two cards for the first zone you spawned in.
• There is no equivalent to manholes.
• There's a weapon in the expansion that allows you to heal. Perhaps there are other ways too.

There's also no splitting in the gameplay example, although arguably there was never a point they would have split.

Edit note: I added some more to the end of the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
• Vaults exist and are pre-seeded with a good weapon (kind of like the Pimpmobile)

And you can't drive vaults through the streets to run over zombies!whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
• Vaults have one fixed entry/exit and one unknown entry/exit that is revealed by opening it.
I don't think this is correct. There clearly seemed to be two yellow vault doors and two purple ones. They corresponded perfectly to the color of the floors on the vault tiles. I believe they are all known connections at set up.

Quote:
• There are (a lot of) Double Spawn cards. These cause you to skip the current zone, and draw two cards for the next zone in the same spawn. If drawn on the last zone, you draw two cards for the first zone you spawned in.
This rule was weird and didn't seem to be used until the third (necromancer) spawn point was on the board. I'd like to read the actual rule text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Clipper wrote:
• Vaults have one fixed entry/exit and one unknown entry/exit that is revealed by opening it.
I don't think this is correct. There clearly seemed to be two yellow vault doors and two purple ones. They corresponded perfectly to the color of the floors on the vault tiles. I believe they are all known connections at set up.
You are probably right here. I didn't look at the colour of the tile under the sides they opened first. I'll go back and have another look. I wonder why they put the purple vault near the yellow entrance and the yellow one near the purple entrance in that case, though...

Edit: And now that I've looked, it's not the colour of the tile beneath, it's the token itself! Both sides are indeed coloured. I'll fix the change in my post above.

Quote:
Quote:
This rule was weird and didn't seem to be used until the third (necromancer) spawn point was on the board. I'd like to read the actual rule text.
Yeah, I think they messed one up early on (and it wasn't the only rule they messed up, there was at least one case of taking too many actions). The later spawns all seemed consistent, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[no use for a name]
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not the rules, but I haven't seen any Dual weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Also:

• Targeting order of ranged attacks is changed. Survivors in the target zone are only hit on ranged misses, and you don't hit them if you roll more hits than you needed either.

This is the biggest one for me. I always thought the firing into melee rules in Z-Cide ALWAYS auto-hitting the survivors first was dumb and gamey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Clipper wrote:
Also:

This is the biggest one for me. I always thought the firing into melee rules in Z-Cide ALWAYS auto-hitting the survivors first was dumb and gamey.
I'm interested to see how it's written in the rules, though. Like, do all misses hit the Survivor? That will mean you still rarely want to shoot into a zone with Survivors, especially if you are rolling lots of dice or do lots of damage with your weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

Heaven forbid that a board game is "gamey"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
I didnt watch the whole video. But, it looks like the zombies are regular zombies like from season 1. Did anyone notice anything different about there movement or resistance to certain weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
I didnt watch the whole video. But, it looks like the zombies are regular zombies like from season 1. Did anyone notice anything different about there movement or resistance to certain weapons?
All the zombies included in the game are regular zombies. We can already see all the minis we get in the images of the Kickstarter. You can almost guarantee they'll wait until the next season of Black Plague to reintroduce new types.

Although you can class the Necromancers, Wolf-bominations and Abominotaur as new types, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Slowfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Whats with the wolfz? Aren't they also new or are they similar to the dogz?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rekibor wrote:
Whats with the wolfz? Aren't they also new or are they similar to the dogz?
They do appear to have the same rules as Zombie Dogz. Three actions per activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skritter wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Heaven forbid that a board game is "gamey"

Yeah, I know. I just don't like when mechanics pull me out of the theme by being too wonky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do hits from survivors on survivors get stopped by their armor as well?

regarding zombivors, at least we already have "Evil Troy" in the stretch goals, though not sure if its just as a bad guy or as a kind of zombivor, the description seems to fit both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
Clipper wrote:

Ha! Really glad to see this gone. The manhole cards were indicated in such a way that we *never* noticed them... I can't count how many games we've played, where towards the end someone says "huh, that's weird that we haven't see a manhole card this whole game!" More like, we just need to have our eyes checked! Kind of a neat mechanic, but badly executed for our highly distracted, no attention to detail group...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
bwick503 wrote:
All the zombies included in the game are regular zombies. We can already see all the minis we get in the images of the Kickstarter. You can almost guarantee they'll wait until the next season of Black Plague to reintroduce new types.

Although you can class the Necromancers, Wolf-bominations and Abominotaur as new types, I guess.

This is a deal breaker. I only own season 1. I don't need more of the same zombie type. Was hoping for a new zombie type. That's disappointing. I want everything else in Black Plague but zombies are important. I can't convince myself it's worth getting to own more of the same zombies. Bummer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed them frequently too. It's easy to do in the heat of Zombicide!

mattprice wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Ha! Really glad to see this gone. The manhole cards were indicated in such a way that we *never* noticed them... I can't count how many games we've played, where towards the end someone says "huh, that's weird that we haven't see a manhole card this whole game!" More like, we just need to have our eyes checked! Kind of a neat mechanic, but badly executed for our highly distracted, no attention to detail group...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
SHINY !!
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We often missed the Abomination, I don't know why it still is the outline of a fatty !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
This is a deal breaker. I only own season 1. I don't need more of the same zombie type. Was hoping for a new zombie type. That's disappointing. I want everything else in Black Plague but zombies are important. I can't convince myself it's worth getting to own more of the same zombies. Bummer

Black Plague isn't compatible with Zombicide, so I don't quite see this point. You wouldn't be able to use the Black Plague Zobies in Zombicide or vice versa, as the distribution on the spawn cards also seems quite different between the two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
bwick503 wrote:

Black Plague isn't compatible with Zombicide, so I don't quite see this point. You wouldn't be able to use the Black Plague Zobies in Zombicide or vice versa, as the distribution on the spawn cards also seems quite different between the two games.

You sure about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
You sure about that?

No, but the mix of zombies coming out of Black Plague cards in the demo is different to that in normal Zombicide. Fatties don't also spawn walkers, but there seem to be more Fatties than in the original, for example. You'd throw off the balance of the cards to use one set of Zombies in the other game.

The items and survivors are also clearly incompatible between the games. Thus, there seems little reason to try to mix the games together. You thus want these new regular zombies so you have them in normal Black Plague. We'll get Berserkers and stuff balanced for Black Plague in later Black Plague expansions, most likely. And perhaps something other than Toxic, as they don't make sense in this time period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Slowfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think what makes them the most incompatible is the back of the cards which is different from the old cards so if you'd mix 'em you'd directly see which are the new and which the old ones. And by the way why would you do that? You will have a lot of z's with either game plus possible expansions (wolfz!) plus more than 30 survivors in the new KS so a lot to do before it might get boring.
That said Zcide is extremely sand box meaning adaptation of house rules is very easy - if you want to use either z's in the other game just try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rekibor wrote:

-Necromancers can create spawn zones and remove them upon being defeated.
-Necromancers try to head for the closest real spawn point instead of the noisiest zone. Their spawn point becomes permanent if they escape.

Really like what I have seen so far of the Necromancers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |