Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: magazine [+] [View All]
Kevin
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hello,
Im not sure if this is in the correct area of the forums, but I am trying to contact Games Quarterly magazine about my new subscription. I signed up for a subscription last week but the website has no contact info. I'd like to send them some questions/comments by email. Is there anyone who receives this magazine that could check the publisher's page for some contact info for me?

P.S. - if you get the magazine, do you like it? Is it worth the subscription? I signed up mostly because of the game expansions that come with each issue. Any comments on the magazine itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie McQuinn
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only give it a moderate approval.

I appreciate the reviews, but many of the articles are poorly written or appear to have been written by the game publisher.

There seems to be an over emphasis on games in education. If I was a teacher I would probably like it more.

I had dropped my subscription, but renewed it for the special game bits. It didn't get any better.

FWIW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sergeant
United States
Burlington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty much agree with what is said above. The game expansions themselves though are worth the price. It would be a pain to try and acquire them otherwise. I looked for a contact phone number or email and the only I could find was the phone number to purchase advertising. I suppose you could call that and either get the correct phone number or get it resolved there. The number i found is 866-289-3277. That's direct from their website which is http://www.gamesquarterly.net. I am eagerly awaiting the fishermen of catan expansion, as it looks like a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
They went "international" with the Fall 2006 edition. The Fall 2006 and Winter 2006 issues are both readily available in the UK. Each has a nice free gift. One carries the Settlers set of three River tiles with rules for this variant and the other has a set of 12 new Carcassonne tiles (I have not yet found the page describing how they should be used).

These are the only two issues I have seen. These freebies give the impression that the magazine will be focused primarily on Eurogames. But for my tastes, it is still too much oriented towards miniatures and fantasy games. I would express a slight preference for Knucklebones, which is the most comparable magazine available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I signed up for a subscription when they were first announced, and I've recieved no issues at all yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.