Subject: Really *is* an excellent family game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
About a month ago I put up a geeklist asking for help picking a Knizia game for me order. I already had a half dozen of his games, but didn't know which to get next. Ingenious was given the most recommendations, and one thing that was said about it let me decide for sure: It was said that in about a year, my 4yo daughter would be able to play it too.

I've now played it with her 3 times (once with my wife also, twice as a 2p game), and wow, she loves it! And I find it a lot of fun also.

So I wanted to leave this not to say "thanks" to the people who recommended it, and to add my voice saying it *is* a great family game. Nifty to have a game that a 4yo can play that is fun for adults also. I really like how I can have a fun time playing very casually, but that if I wanted to, I could put more thought into it and make plans to screw over my opponents by closing off colors that they need (I don't do that with my 4yo, but maybe when she's 5 and starts beating me I will!!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I play with my 4 and my 7 and my wife. I think the 4 year old daughter loves it more than any of us, and while she hasn't won, she doesn't always placein last, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - it is a fabulous family game. In fact, this and Hey! That's My Fish are currently my two favorite family games -- both with our 4 year old son or slightly older niece/nephew, but also with the rest of the inlaws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Another game I'd recommedn in this line is Quandary/Thor/Loco!/Flinke Plinke. I particularly like the Thor incarnation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the most-played game of the last year in my little gaming group. Really a crowd-pleaser, even for the non-gamers who play with us despite themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.